Malvoisin's Savage Tide, Act 1 - There Is No Honor

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The late evening finds Col in good spirits. While the job had little to do with his research, coin was always needed, especially since he had spent most of his inheritance already. He chaffed a little under the weight of his old chain coat, but thought it prudent considering the business they were going to be dealing in.

He found their motley crew gathered around a table at the Drunk Bear. Sidling up, he asks, "What's the news?" Once he hears everyone's response, he rubs his chin and thinks.

"Well, unless they do be shuttlin' back and forth, they'll be need'n to bring the Nixie to dock. Mayhap they be usin' the cover of dark as we plan to be. Guess we need to be secretly watch'n to see if that do be true and go from there. Other thoughts? I got little means to be infiltrate'n their midsts; I'm guess'n Kalen have a few tricks that would do us."

Voadam

Legend
"Vark is probably keeping it there and shuttling as needed so only he has access to the Nixie and can keep his crew engaged in searching for the ring until it is in his hands. Ships that are anchored out there to prevent shore leave often are approached by small local vessels carrying vittles and small trade goods are they not? This could be a cover to approach and gain entry onto the boat." Kalen smiles "My magics are charms to make men friendly, mind magics to dazzle and douse consciousness of the weak willed, and visions of the fantastic from beyond the veil. What have you prepared for tonight Col?"

GwydapLlew

First Post
[sblock=OOC]It seems strange to have the boat off of the dock. Would there be valid reasons for it, besides keeping people off of it? I can use Profession: Sailor if necessary.[/sblock]

"The ship is out in the water. Chongo does not think that they will allow a small boat near if they expect trouble. Chongo can make the swim, and this one," he nods at the young dockworker. "Swims better than me. What of the rest of you?"

stonegod

Voadam said:
"My magics are charms to make men friendly, mind magics to dazzle and douse consciousness of the weak willed, and visions of the fantastic from beyond the veil. What have you prepared for tonight Col?"
Col picks a few shells of nuts out of his beard, which is even more bedraggled than last night. His hair, previously oiled, still shows signs of it dried upon it. "I have a calling to the Lady of Our Fate given to me by a talkative fellow in Shadowshore that will measure the woe or weal of a next hour's actions. A have a minor protective prayer nicked from an itinerant of Trithereon to shield one from blows and, me favorite, a calling to the distant planes to bind a minor servitor. Make them do my biddin', I do, heh. It be too bad we do not have the services of those that can do heal'n." A mischievous twinkle comes to his eyes. "Speak'n of, were do be that strange Damash fellow be?"

OOC: Giving Damash the opportunity to make a grand entrance. :) BTW, what spells will he have up. May want to compliment what Col already has: shield of faith, summon monster I, and omen of peril.

Malvoisin

First Post
GwydapLlew said:
[sblock=OOC]It seems strange to have the boat off of the dock. Would there be valid reasons for it, besides keeping people off of it? I can use Profession: Sailor if necessary.[/sblock]

[sblock=Chongo Profession Sailor Check]
Chongo finds it strange that the Blue Nixie would be tied 100 feet off the pier. He can't think of a legitimate reason for this kind of thing, so he suspects that the occupants of the boat probably did this to keep prying eyes away from whatever they're doing.[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
Modestly Kalen says "Swimming through an underground pool was the only way to enter the lair of Maatsu Dargus, or to access her vast hoard chamber. I can pull a few strokes I leanred when I was the great wyrm's apprentice if needs be. However I have no skill at clambering up ship walls. How do you propose getting aboard from the water?"

GwydapLlew

First Post
Chongo scratches at the underside of his chin while he thinks. "Chongo thinks two things: Nixie is away from the docks so that people don't get onboard. Second thought is 'why?' Lady said that she paid but was not given ship. Why do that?"

In answer to Kalen, Chongo flashes a gleaming white smile. "Easy answer. Chongo can climb up ship and drop rope. Everyone climb up and we take control of ship."

stonegod

"Me muscles not being what they were, I do no swim, 'specially not in this." The older man wraps his chain shirt once. "Anyways, we be get'n head of ourselves---still don't know if they do bring the Nixie to perch at dark. I say we be look'n first, then go from there. Could be as I say, could be otherwise. If otherwise, we'll need a boat."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Keoni nods at Chongo's plan.

"I too could swim the waves and make my way up the side. Even if the boat does come to the pier, we may wish to approach from an unexpected direction. Perhaps with a diversion from the land side to aid in our efforts. Still, I think the more important thing is to get closer to the ship, and learn how many are onboard."

Malvoisin

First Post
The talk at the bar table has turned to swimming or finding a boat, but soon everyone realizes that Col has a good point, and they need to find out whether the Nixie's going to come in to dock.

The party gathers its things and leaves the Drunk Bear, walking back to Pier 5 as the sun lazilysets. From the top of the pier, the pink glow on the horizon grandly illuminates the Blue Nixie in the distance, its sails flapping in the gentle evening breeze...

...flapping sails?!

It only takes a few seconds for the group to realize that the Nixie's sails had not been unfurled earlier in the day. The realization brings with it a sense of alarm, as to all those who have spent any time aboard a ship in their lives, the meaning is clear....

The Blue Nixie is preparing to set sail!

(OOC: Now what, gents? Time is of the essence!)

Remove ads