Malware from the ads?

ichabod

Legned
Twice while viewing this site since the ad changes, I have had a save dialog open up with a randomly named file with no extension. Something like "Mylgcd". I have not saved these files, but it is making me worried. Has anyone else noticed this?

darjr

I crit!
Twice while viewing this site since the ad changes, I have had a save dialog open up with a randomly named file with no extension. Something like "Mylgcd". I have not saved these files, but it is making me worried. Has anyone else noticed this?
any chance you can get a screen capture? Thanks!

ichabod

Legned
Okay, it happened again. Here's a screen capture:

possible_virus.png

The file save dialog popped up right when the thread (Tiamat Burger) loaded. I think I got the screen capture before the ads changed, but I'm not sure.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Okay, it happened again. Here's a screen capture:

View attachment 360344
The file save dialog popped up right when the thread (Tiamat Burger) loaded. I think I got the screen capture before the ads changed, but I'm not sure.
Honestly, it's not something we can replicate, and you're the only person to have reported it (twice now) out of tens of thousands of visitors every day. My suspicion is that you may well have malware on your PC. Might be worth doing a scan.

ichabod

Legned
Honestly, it's not something we can replicate, and you're the only person to have reported it (twice now) out of tens of thousands of visitors every day. My suspicion is that you may well have malware on your PC. Might be worth doing a scan.
Did a scan. Found nothing. Got a better scan. Found a few potential vulnerabilities, but no viruses or malware.

Remove ads