• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mammoth Dungeons

McDeath

Explorer
Mammoth is right! Chris mailed me a Mammoth 10 Level Dungeon with each level averaging around 1,000 room+ and an Epic 1 Level Dungeon that has over 7,000 rooms+. Each Dungeon level has an overview page that shows the entire level. Then the levels are divided into sections. The Mammoth Dungeon has 4 sections per level Labelled A1-A2 B1-B2. The Epic dungeon is sectioned A1-A5 E1-E5. On the back of each section page is a 3 Columned very short description of each room (i.e room 1-1701 Rectangle 20x20 Traps:Arrow, or 1-1665 Rectangle 30x50) Short and to the point.

On the back of the Overview pages are the following:

The dungeon level
Dungeon Generator Version Seed
Total available area for level
Total area used for level
Chamber count for level
Total corridor length for level
Number of traps for level

Also included were 5 Dungeon Encounter Charts (printed both sides) that is left for you to fill in for random encounters. And lastly Chris included 10 Creature Lair Record Sheets (again printed on both sides) for you to fill out rooms. A single sheet would be enough for 8 room so you can either photocopy/scan-print for extra's to fill out the whole Dungeon. Or you could use notebook paper or whatever.

I'm pretty impressed as you have diagonal hallway, rectangular, triangular, circular, and a few odd shapes as well (parallelograms, Octagons, etc.). The fact that any system can be used makes filling these dungeons relatively easy. It was several years ago that I ordered and it turned out I got 10x as much as I ordered. Chris honorably fulfilled his promise and I feel pretty obliged to pay him for his work.

Those who want to take a closer look go here: http://www.mammothdungeons.com/

And tell Chris I sent ya.

Steel_Wind

Legend
So it was.

It's still informative. A little discussion of the maps this produces it not out of order - and certainly not off topic.

Breakstone

First Post
But... but... where are the
mammoth.jpg
?

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
So...it's like a dungeon, that's MADE of mammoths.

Or is it a dungeon that mammoths live in?

OR, is it a dungeon for mammoth PCs?

I think I already own this product - it's called Undermountain.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads