• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Manage Your Game With RPG Encounters

There's a range of different campaign management tools available; some free, some not so. RPG Encounters is a free web app designed to work with and sync between all your devices. I hadn't heard of it before, but the creator sent me a hand-written letter to tell me about it, so I could hardly not take a look!

There's a range of different campaign management tools available; some free, some not so. RPG Encounters is a free web app designed to work with and sync between all your devices. I hadn't heard of it before, but the creator sent me a hand-written letter to tell me about it, so I could hardly not take a look!

mobile4.png

The app currently works with four game systems: D&D 5E, Savage Worlds, Stars Without Number, and Open Legend.

It has three tabs: CREATE, where you store NPCs, Players, and Encounters; PLAY which helps you to run an encounter; and SETTINGS which lets you change the language (English, French, Esperanto, Spanish) and theme.

It's lightweight and straightforward. I haven't had chance to try it out in a game (currently running WOIN) but it looks pretty streamlined. And it's free!

[video=youtube;ka1ePT-WFro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka1ePT-WFro[/video]​

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I used the Encounter section for one encounter on the weekend. I did not use the 'Run' feature - I just tracked hit points on a scratch pad, but it was bloody awesome to have the different stat blocks all listed under one encounter and with one click to switch between them.

I often have several books and print outs all around me for the many creatures/NPCs all in one encounter, but this app certainly made that part a hell of a lot easier. :)

Not that I build a lot of encounters before hand, I do think I will be using this again :)

Remove ads

Remove ads