Mando season 3

That was cute, Grogu's popping up like "Hello there" and then sitting and spinning in the chair.

At first, I thought it was a flashback.

Editing: As I watch the episode, there's a fitting explanation for Gina Carano's character being written out. We can rebuild him faster and stronger we have the technology (or not) Surprised Grogu didn't try to eat him :ROFLMAO: Someone's a bit bitter

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Watching now.

First thought: It looks like they are expecting people to have watched the Book of Boba Fett.

Purrgil! That's a nice callback to Rebels.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
The faux flashback scene was a nice bait-and-switch, well played.

The statue of IG-11 felt like a nice touch, honouring his sacrifice. But trying to revive him and bring him back as a character feels like the opposite.

I wonder whether Grogu's piloting lessons will pay off later in the series.

Visually a great episode, but it was a lot of disconnected stuff that hopefully will have payoffs later in this season.
Yeah this.

A lot of beautiful images, but just a completely disconnected, even nonsensical storyline, with scenes bordering on slapstick and not in a good way.

I had predicted a "Babu Frik" would appear a few weeks ago, I didn't expect it to be in episode 1 though.

It feels a bit harder to appreciate Mando these days, particularly after Boba Fett (which was very bad in a sort of likeable way but definitely bad) and given how extremely, excessively good Andor was (to my huge surprise).

The Mandalorian cult continue to look like complete idiots, I notice, but with Filoni is there any way to know if that's intentional? The scene with the tarrasque just made them seem incompetent and completely lacking in tactical acumen or ability to think on their feet. Like maybe try leading it away from the beach whilst someone gets your heavy weapons (presumably they have armed ships/vehicles, they got there somehow)? Or you could just fly real close to it and attach drag lines to something which weighs literally 1000x more than you do, I'm sure that'll go great.

Remove ads