• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Manifest Destiny -- GAME thread (Chapter One: The Man who Would Not Hang)

hong

WotC's bitch
morrolan said:
"Then again, perhaps it was Hong's timely use of some hellfire that swayed his opinion."

I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything.

He raised his flask in Hong's direction as a salute.

"Xei-xei dà ge, <thank you, Sir> for that. As for myself, I am content to know that the danger is past, and we may now enjoy the fruits of our labors. Shall we repair to a suitable hostelry?"

Cheers, mate! Put another shrimp on the barbie! Where's the sheilas? :cool:

Ahem.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
hong said:
I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything.
Cheers, mate! Put another shrimp on the barbie! Where's the sheilas? :cool:
Ahem.
OOC: Hijacker. :p

IC: Santiago breaths a sigh of contentment and relaxes. He leans back on the bar and sips his drink. Father Pedro would never approve of this drink but Father Pedro had never seen or done the kind of things that De La Rosa has. "Hong Wen Please try to remember your hethen magics are useful but may scare the townsfolk as much as anything else. We did a good thing today. Hanging that man would have ended his live but now he has a shot at redemption."

morrolan

First Post
Seeing the tension from the room deflate, Nicholas obtained a whiskey himself and then surveyed the bar. Still too quiet for his liking, he decided to give the party a kick in the pants.

He strode over to the piano, smiling and winking at the ladies on his way, and gave the piano player a dollar.

"I have always favored myself a patron to the fine arts Sir, so please, accept a drink from me."

He sat down at the piano and cracked his fingers loose. He tried a few chords. A bit out of tune, but no matter. What counts is the spirit with which the piece is played.

He launched into a rocked-up, barrelhouse version of an Appalachian tune he knew...

"Jack of Diamonds, Jack of Diamonds
I know you of old,
You?ve robbed my poor pockets,
of my silver and my gold.

I?ve played cards in England,
I?ve played cards in Spain,
I?ll bet you ten dollars,
I?ll beat you next game."

OOC: Use perform

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
"I'll have a whiskey." Elias perches on a stool, and slowly looks around the bar.

While not having Santiago's advantage of divine sight, his own gaze carries the weight of nearly ten years experience of frontier towns. Spanish or American, it makes little difference to the characters he sees. He mentally notes anyone carrying a weapon, and keeps an eye on any tough-looking hombres.

Hong Wen moves over to an empty table near the back of the salon and takes a seat, not paying any mind to any stares he may be getting from the other patrons. He removes a flask from the inside of his cloak, unscrews the lid, and takes a sip before putting it back, contentedly listening to Nicholas' tune.

ferretguy

First Post
Turning to Elias, Pierre downs his whiskeyWell not bad for a days beginnings, of course now the Bear is gone what fun is there to be in this town?...Perhaps we could track him down to make sure he don't get into more trouble with any other towns.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Santiago sat humming to the father's tune. He is idally played with a gold ring that is tied into his long black hair. "I think it's best to give him some space for now. Our interferance could stop his contemplative mood. Si? We did the easy part and kept the townsfolk safe. Let La Madre' Christos do the hard part. I have faith he will see the light. He may even become a valued ally, God willing" He then streached out and put his feet on a near by chair. For a man of action, Santiago De La Rosa lounged like a pro.

Last edited:

ferretguy

First Post
I would be very pleased if he would become a potenial ally...as and enemy like him would bring us quite a bit of trouble....of course the way he carries on we would hear him before any stampeding buffalo.

dave_o

Explorer
SCENE- Camera CUTS to frame just beyond NICHOLAS at the piano. As his song begins, and several patrons smile and begin to stamp along to the tune, the camera PANS past across HONG, to ELIAS. He murmurs to himself, saying "Sword, pistol, two swords..." as the camera CUTS to each weapon on whoever he is looking at. Camera CUTS back to original PAN, and PANS to SANTIAGO and PIERRE, at the bar.

BARTENDER (to PIERRE): "Goddamn, little 'un. You've got a mighty definition of fun. Nothin' personal, but try and keep yer fun out of my establishment."

BARTENDER (to SANTIAGO): "Ever think he might 'ave jus' agreed with you to get out of a tight spot? I know iffin' I had some fire comin' from fingers and a few swords at my throat, I'd praise a damn toad if it meant I'd get out with my skin intact."

OOC - Santiago's Sense Motive reveals that the man is simply stating his plain, honest opinion.

Last edited:

morrolan

First Post
Nicholas brings his tune to rousing finish, and turns on the stool to face the other saloon patrons.
"So glad you enjoyed my little terpsichorean interlude. The libretto is a subject near and dear to my heart. Now that we've established a little goodwill, perhaps some of you gentlemen might like to enjoy a friendly game of cards?"

Remove ads