• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Manufacturing Error - Princes of the Apocalypse

Lazorne

First Post
Hello everyone!

I just received my copy of PotA but sadly is it broken. There is a extra snippet of paper that ruins the book on page 209. I will contact Wizards shortly about the issue if I can just get my account to work on their site.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. If someone has the same issue.
Files are included below.

:( Was going to play it this weekend... Guess I have to start a return process instead.

Broken 1.jpgBroken 2.jpgBroken 3.jpg

Lazorne

First Post
Why don't you just tear it off? I may be seeing it wrong but that seems like the simple solution.

Well it starts on page 209 and ends at 225 and there is a tear under it that also go goes from 209 - 225
Even if it was no tear in the pages and just a extra piece of paper, I would still not tear the extra piece of. Since it's a new book and I paid full price for it so it should be in a good condition.

My main problem now is that I'am waiting for a password reset from Wizards so I can tell them about the problem.

DongMaster

First Post
First rule on internet:

Always show your displeasure in public.
Especially if you are dealing with an Evil Empire like WotC.

This is jackpot for the Paizo fans...

Xer0

First Post
Why contact Wizards? Shouldn't you be talking to whoever sold you the book to arrange a replacement?

Pretty much this. If you bought it from a FLGS, you should take it back to the FLGS and let them go back to their distributor for a replacement. Going to WotC won't get you what you want.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
First rule on internet:

Always show your displeasure in public.
Especially if you are dealing with an Evil Empire like WotC.

This is jackpot for the Paizo fans...

Huh?

I got a misprinted copy of Shattered Star #1 and contacted Paizo; they sent a replacement. Misprints and production problems happen to every company.

Also, I'm pretty sure contacting WotC will result in a replaced book as well.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Pretty much this. If you bought it from a FLGS, you should take it back to the FLGS and let them go back to their distributor for a replacement. Going to WotC won't get you what you want.

I'm guessing it was bought online, and he/she has to go through that vendor's return process. Telling WotC is just to tell them I guess.

Of course it's the OP's prerogative to return for a good copy, but I guess I'd look at it like what's my time worth? How much value does that book lose because of this compared to how much time will I miss gaming and going through the process. So in my case, I'd just cut the paper and deal with the tear. YMMV obviously.

Lazorne

First Post
I'm guessing it was bought online, and he/she has to go through that vendor's return process. Telling WotC is just to tell them I guess.
QUOTE]

This!

I bought the book online, the reason I want to contact WotC is to give them the batch number so they can report to their manufacturer and see if more books had the same issue in that batch. This is just to be nice and reduce the problem for future prints. (I don't except anything from them)

I have already contacted my reseller and is waiting for a reply from them.

This is also the reason I posted on Enworld, not to gloat over that my book is broken or to put anyone in a bad light. Just to inform of an issue with printing and see if someone here had the same problem.

Remove ads