• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Manyshot + Weapon Properties

s-dub

First Post
I have a PC with a holy bow. If they use the manyshot feat, does the bow deal 2D6 points of holy damage per arrow? If they use the greater manyshot feat and attack 2 different enemies, does each foe take the 2D6 extra points of holy damage? Lastly, they are considering prestige classing into Order of the Bow Initiate. Does the standard action is takes to use manyshot preclude them from also getting precision damage from the class feature, which also takes a standard action to use?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
The last question I can answer definitively: you can't take two different Standard actions at the same time. You could benefit from a Scout's Skirmish damage, though. And Greater Manyshot is excellent with Skirmish damage.

As to applying Holy damage to each arrow, I think that is how it works. That's how I've ruled it in my game. Elsewise, Manyshot is kinda useless. (I don't allow Greater Manyshot IMC.)

Cheers, -- N

s-dub

First Post
What about as a full round action? I guess I"d have to house rule it.

As a bit of background, the PC is my wife. The campaign is gestault and the other chars are ridiculously well geared/well opimized. So I'm not worried too much about upsetting game balance. The PC's enjoy being "super" and I enjoy the challenge of creating monsters that can stand up to them.

Remove ads