• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Map of the New Forest

Dioltach

Legend
I'd love to live in a place with 1000+ years of history. That's really cool.
History can crop up in strange places. I was born in a crap village in the Black Country. We moved away when I was four and I never went back until I was in my late twenties. Found out that it dates back to around 600 AD, and for a while was even the capital of Mercia.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
History can crop up in strange places. I was born in a crap village in the Black Country. We moved away when I was four and I never went back until I was in my late twenties. Found out that it dates back to around 600 AD, and for a while was even the capital of Mercia.
Tamworth? I was reading up on the Heptarchy a couple of weeks ago

as to OP I love those old illustrated maps...

Dioltach

Legend
Tamworth? I was reading up on the Heptarchy a couple of weeks ago

as to OP I love those old illustrated maps...
Stone, actually, a bit to the north-west of Tamworth.

My parents used to have a set of three old (about 1750s-1830s) illustrated maps of Staffordshire, Cheshire and Shropshire. Framed originals, not reproductions. They picked them up at a car boot sale back in the 1970s. I wonder if they still have them ...

Meh, we dig up flint arrowheads in our garden.

Remove ads