• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Map or floor plan of an oil platform needed

yennico

First Post
I need for an adventure a map or the floor plan of an oil rig. Does anybody know a free ressource in the web for this map?

Narfellus

First Post
I've long thought that developers should branch out and give us more than fantasy templates for 5 foot squares. Yes, why not oil rigs, haunted houses, military bases, nuclear reactors, city streets, ghost towns, etc. They've got fantasy nailed pretty good, and now there's lots of science fiction stuff coming out that's good, but Modern floor plans are still lacking.

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Good luck in finding one. If you do link it here. I needed a floor plan for an oil rig a year or so ago and couldnt find one.

Andur

First Post
If you can't find one, best advice I can tell you is to find the deck plans of a merchant ship and then square it off with a hole in the middle. There isn't alot of space on most of the rigs, I'd suggest a 150' square as your base template, with a 30' square hole in the middle. The vast majority of the space is for storage of pipe, drill heads, and mud. As long as you have a docking station and a helipad, you can pretty much fudge the rest to get it close. Most rigs have the deck level and three sublevels within the structure.

Masada

First Post
At one point in time, 12 to Midnight was talking about doing a map pack... Wonder what where they are with that.

jrients

First Post
There was a third party Call of Cthulhu module set on an oil rig. I can't remember the name of the module or the publisher at the moment.

yennico

First Post
found one

I have found one. I remembered a fan-made adventure of Millennium´s End which had a floor plan of an oil rig. The adventure is called Bad Paper. You can download it as pdf-file here.

If you are only interested in the floor plans you can download them in DXF, DWF (Drawing Web Format), and Autosketch 5.0 format as zip-file here.

IIRC there was a mission on an oil rig in the PC game "Rogue Spear", so perhaps I will use some of the screen shots as base for drawing a map..

Remove ads