Maps and Stuff

The Burned Man

First Post
also,

the border areas to the elemental planes might be a little unstable as the elemental planes do not follow the same planar laws as the World proper, ie maybe time moves etc, distances are malleable etc...

..compare with the Chaos surrounding the world of Elric, the Young Kingdoms... (the books by Michael M)

LRonKnieval

First Post
Thats what I'm talkin' about....shifting planar borders and stuff.

But my questions (posted above) still remain, and i need a few answers before I can continue drafting.

The Burned Man

First Post
"So my question is, is there something that needs to be placed further south on the map?"

No. Since we´re not going to flesh out the elemental planes yet. Atleast not in the near future...

"If so I will add it, and increase the map size. If there isn't something there in the text, why bother adding, there is enough of the DF world that currently needs/lacks development and adding to that won't help the task get finished."

As above, just "indicate" that their is an elemental nature to that which lies in the cardinal directions but otherwise they dont need to be mapped

"In the future, if there is something that people feel should be added that lies "beyond the flames (or other elemental plane for that matter)" we can add that at a later date as an anomoly or as "demi elemental planes" or something like that. passing through the planes to get to new realms might make an excellent high level adventure at some point. "

yes, striking deals or alliance with elemental lords would be something both the patrons and fiends would seek to do. The Burning God propably already has such, due to his very strong elemental nature...

"Also, should the map be circular to account for Mt. Barakus being the center of the world?"

Whichever looks better.

-------

Hope that helps

LRonKnieval

First Post
The land of the broken, would be the land of the chained
Right you are...
Thats helps my other question. Is Mt Barakus at center of the world , or the center of the Broken Lands?
Also, is everyone ok with the overall scale of the map(see earlier posts)?

The Burned Man

First Post
In MY opinion its the center of the World (practically: just an object from which everything can be coordinated). If anyone objects, shout...

Mt barakus is surrounded by the "border" region which is the area conquered last by the fiends, it was thrashed 500 years ago by the LoB and thus the area is in dissarray. With weak fiends wying for power and influence why all the three mayor powers are seeking to gain a foothold in the region /while the patrons seek to keep the area in dissarray/

LRonKnieval

First Post
thanks BM,
I kinda thought so (as the current map indicates).
Since no one raised objections to the map scale, i'll get cranking on the changes.

Remove ads