• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS Maps for adventurer three?

rui

Villager
Hello all!

We're going to start the 3rd adventurer and I'm really excited. But unlike the 1st and 2nd adventurers, I couldn't find any player maps for that one. Are there any? I don't mind paying for them, if I need.

Thanks ahead :)

Cyclone Duke

First Post
Most of the activity in Seaquen is not terribly map-dependant. The players will probably spend their time between the north and south harbour, and the refugee camps. The many troubles seaquen needs help with, are more flavorful than tactical challanges - you can make tactical maps on the fly as needed.
For example I had the green dragon's lair as a small island in the middle of a ring-shaped lake, and I had the flaming rat swarm encounter take place in a resident's basement.

All of the (optional) encounters between Act 1 (the swamp) and act 4 (the theatre) are small and much more focused on HOW your players want to help, if they want to use diplomacy, sneak around, and such - it's not all about fighting and the big map for Seaquen's penninsula can show your players where they're walking to and from.
I recommend you let your players imagine the encounters with no maps until a fight *has* to break out and let them roll dice and say who they're talking to, or what they're doing with no mini's or maps :)
It's a lot of fun to just talk about play your characters and think about how to handle a situation without focusing too much on the tactical/positioning side of things too much :) WotBS is a good mix of this kind of play, and heavy-handed combat with tactical choices. The dungeon crawl in act 5 is the oppisite way!

Remove ads