• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maptool Stamps/Items

Trit One-Ear

Explorer
Hey guys,

Quick question to all those Maptool-savy folks out there. I'm currently building a map that includes a forge, but can't find any tokens/stamps of anvils.
Either:

-Do you know an easy way to make stamps? I've made some in the past using Photoshop, but they always have a white border around them I can't get rid of which blocks out the floor pattern and looks.. well, bad.

or

-Do you have any libraries of stamps you've downloaded that includes an anvil? I've supplemented my library quite a bit, but alas, no luck.

Thanks!

Trit

Trit One-Ear

Explorer
Well, found an anvil to use, so the immediate problem is solved, but if anyone still knows how to keep the background translucent when using Photoshop (I've already tried using formats other than jpg) I'd love a few pointers.

Trit

Ryujin

Legend
For future reference the easiest way to make tokens is to find an image you want to use, even by cropping it out of an existing map, then create the token in TokenTool. You can download it from the same site where you got MapTool.

Trit One-Ear

Explorer
TokenTool is a great little helper. I've been using it for a while now, and love how easy it is to turn great art into dynamic tokens.

The problem I've been having more is for items or backgrounds etc. They keep coming out with white blocks around them.

Ah well, back to scouring the interwebs for items to download to my library.

Trit

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I personally use Paint.NET as my main image editor, but I have Photoshop Elements as well.

I'll point out that if you create a file with a transparent background in either program but then save it as a JPG, you'll get any empty background space filled in with white. If you want it transparent, save it as a PNG.

If that still doesn't solve your problem, let me know. Setting up a transparent background is not supposed to be hard.

Remove ads