[March] What are you watching?

Ahnehnois

First Post
CGI updated?
Well, updated using CGI to replace some of the original effects shots. CBS did this when they acquired the right, I believe.

Personally, I'm rewatching some Star Trek: DS9 episodes because the new soundtrack made me think of them. Also watching Game of Thrones SEason 2 on DVD. I also tried out Vikings. Not a whole lot on at the moment, it seems.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
CGI updated?
The thought was "Wow, these look pretty primitive compared to the newer shows. What would star trek have looked like if Roddenbury had had modern CGI back in 1966?" So the shots are the same, but there are different orange and green planets instead of always the same glowing ball. The enterprise has some scuffing on the outside. The phaser beams and photon torpedoes look a lot better. But Apollo's big glowing hand is still a big glowing hand.
In Amock Time, when they go to Vulcan, there's a bloody amazing establishing shot of the silhouettes of the crew walking over a land bridge that almost flawlessly matches the scenes with Kirk & Spock fighting on the sacred ground. The Gorn in Arena blinks.
In addition to cleaning up the spots and specks, they sharpened the color, but were in almost every way faithful to and respectful of the original material.

The only thing I've seen that I did not like was the texturing on the Doomsday Machine.

Jhaelen

First Post
This weekend I watched season of Game of Thrones. I felt it was even better than the first season - really great!

I also finished watching 'The Killing III' which I didn't enjoy as much as the previous two seasons (well, actually, the first season was outstanding and the second just 'good').
Episodes 5-8 were a real slog, mainly because it was obvious to the viewer what was going on while the protagonists were clueless.
I suppose it's better they decided to finish it before it really went downhill.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Monday - How I Met Your Mother, Castle
Tuesday - NCIS, NCIS LA, Justified
Wednesday - Arrow, Psych
Thursday - Big Bang
Friday - Banshee, Spartacus: War of the Damned
Saturday - Bleach
Sunday - Once Upon a Time, Walking Dead

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Ah, Going Postal... Mildly amusing. Yeah, got a little slow. Still, way, way, way better than the cartoon adaptations of Terry Pratchet--aside from Christopher Lee as the voice of Death, those were painful.
Still meaning to get around to watching the second half of Cassanova with David Tennent. Don't think it is on instant view anymore--guess I'll have to get the disk.
Also watching "Grumpy RPG Reviews".

Herschel

Adventurer
Ripper Street just finished their innaugural season and I enjoyed it a lot. I'm also re-watching previous episodes prepping for the next season/wave of Doctor Who and Game of Thrones as well as as trying to find time for Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood and Californication.

Remove ads