• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mariliths - Wizards' and Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

s/LaSH

First Post
Remember a few days ago when Wizards released their new illustration for the Marilith? A lot of people around here didn't like it. I myself didn't feel deep, resentful hatred, but largely to make other people feel better I sketched up a more traditional Marilith.

Then ENWorld went down and I found myself with time on my hands. Thus I have two versions of it: initial inks, and fully-coloured.

I'm not going to initially post the actual images, because they're, um, slightly risque. If a moderator feels it's not too much, I can edit direct IMG tags into this post. Parents, screen this content first.

Black-and-white version
Coloured version

Thoughts? Comments? I know the background deserves colouring, but my current rig just won't handle it. C'est la vie.

PS: I have an identical thread over in Art Gallery, Cartography & Miniatures. I thought I'd better bring it up here too, as this was the site of the original thread.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Nice... when will we see it in the comic? ;)

In any case, though I like it, it is not in the style which I would like to see in the MM. It is IMO too "comicky", which was a problem with the 2e MM as well as far as I'm concerned. I don't like the hard lines for a MM, basically.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
That's quite nice. I especially like the bumpy quality of the tail.

I'll slide this over to the Art forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads