• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marketing for small publishers

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Depends on a great number of things (such as):

-Where do you see the majority of your customers being centered? ENWorld, RPG.net, RPGBomb, certain geographic region, etc?

-What genre is your game?

-What's your budget like? Can you afford print or are you limited to web banners?

-Have you considered doing something at local game stores/conventions?

ProfessorPain

First Post
Depends on a great number of things (such as):

-Where do you see the majority of your customers being centered? ENWorld, RPG.net, RPGBomb, certain geographic region, etc?

We don't know for sure. But definitely would expect many of them on EN World and RPGnet.

-What genre is your game?

Modern

-What's your budget like? Can you afford print or are you limited to web banners?

Bootstrap.

-Have you considered doing something at local game stores/conventions?

Yes. We will do this. When the game is ready for release, we plan on hitting as many local game stores as possible and hope to get a booth at conventions.

Urizen

First Post
If you're on a really tight budget, the best thing you can do for yourself right now is guerrilla marketing.

Blog about your game, post about your game on forums (as many as possible), get friends talking about your game, get other people talking about your game, Get grandma and grandpa talking about your game...anyone.

Try and get on podcasts, if at all possible, because they're pretty hot when it comes to getting the word out.

If you have some money saved, get banner ads. Place ads in 'zines like Kobold Quarterly or Level Up. The price isn't as bad as you might think.

Get a website or wiki going, so you can drive traffic to it.

Put your game in your signature....

If I think of anyhting else I'll post again

lmpjr007

Explorer
If you're on a really tight budget, the best thing you can do for yourself right now is guerrilla marketing.

Blog about your game, post about your game on forums (as many as possible), get friends talking about your game, get other people talking about your game, Get grandma and grandpa talking about your game...anyone.

Try and get on podcasts, if at all possible, because they're pretty hot when it comes to getting the word out.

If you have some money saved, get banner ads. Place ads in 'zines like Kobold Quarterly or Level Up. The price isn't as bad as you might think.

Get a website or wiki going, so you can drive traffic to it.

Put your game in your signature....

If I think of anyhting else I'll post again
David is right! Now is the time for you to be inventive to get noticed. You might want to pick [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Small-New-Big-Remarkable-Business/dp/1591841267/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1239757972&sr=11-1"]Small is the New Big by Seth Godin[/ame]. Lots of good ideas for people with little to no money.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads