• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free Marksman Ranger Archetype Updated and Still Free

Jraynack

Explorer
After achieving the first sales goal, we updated the Marksman Ranger Archetype to include three adventure hooks, two background feature variants, and several magic items. If you downloaded this product, please check out the update, otherwise, go ahead and download it today - it's free!

PRODUCT INFORMATION
This product provides Players and Game Masters with the following for thrilling play:

• Marksman, a ranger archetype for 5th Edition.
  • Firearm Expert feat.
  • Two background variant features for Guild Artisan and Soldier.
  • Three adventure quests to introduce firearms into your campaign.
  • Three magic items: Fire-Rune Harquebus, Rune-Forged Bullets, and Thunderous Harquebus.
  • New 5th Edition nonplayer characters: Arbalester, Arbalester Captain, Groom, and Widowmaker.

LINK http://www.rpgnow.com/product/163759/5E-Marksman

Inchoroi

Adventurer
Huh. I like it.

I'm afraid the damage of the rune-forged bullets are a bit on the high side, but it's also all-or-nothing, so it should even out. I'd love it if you guys did more subclasses.

Jraynack

Explorer
Huh. I like it.

I'm afraid the damage of the rune-forged bullets are a bit on the high side, but it's also all-or-nothing, so it should even out. I'd love it if you guys did more subclasses.

Thanks - much appreciated!

That was my initial thought as well, however after much deliberation - a one shot magical item, check to load properly, static attack bonus, and a Dex save for an all or nothing effect - I chose to increase the damage output. Originally, I sought to have the bullets deal a simple 1d6 force damage per spell level, but after conferring to the DMG, it seems that it might be too low (especially when the suggested damage output for creating a new 9th level spell is 15d10 for a single target). So, I am still on the fence, but that's why I love feedback - to make a better product. I am all about trying to maintain game balance.

On a side note, are the subclasses your refer are the ones we did for 3.5/pathfinder?

Thanks again for the comment!

Inchoroi

Adventurer
Thanks - much appreciated!

That was my initial thought as well, however after much deliberation - a one shot magical item, check to load properly, static attack bonus, and a Dex save for an all or nothing effect - I chose to increase the damage output. Originally, I sought to have the bullets deal a simple 1d6 force damage per spell level, but after conferring to the DMG, it seems that it might be too low (especially when the suggested damage output for creating a new 9th level spell is 15d10 for a single target). So, I am still on the fence, but that's why I love feedback - to make a better product. I am all about trying to maintain game balance.

On a side note, are the subclasses your refer are the ones we did for 3.5/pathfinder?

Thanks again for the comment!

Oh, just more subclasses/archetypes for 5e, a la the Marksman. If memory serves, if you get enough sales, you might come up with some more archetypes, like a Wizard Tradition. I would drool uncontrollably to have a fully functional and balanced Gunmage.

Remove ads