• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Marriage Issue (Aka Wife from Cheliax)

radja

First Post
also.. an NPC such as this may change alignment, depending on your actions and your DM. she may be lawful evil now, but could become lawful neutral.

Drake Cross

First Post
That is a possible goal I can go for if I can prove I can run a very efficient and profitable kingdom without the slavery and dictatorship. XD Right now the government we set up is based around me asking my advisers and such on certain issues, getting options on how to deal or do things before putting it to a vote.

Derren

Hero
Welcome to the wonderful world of nobility.

One thing about noble marriages you should know is that it doesn't matter if you love/like your wive or if she is good looking. That is just a bonus.

What matters is the alliance this marriage creates and if she can produce heirs. As for your actual situation it means you are in quite a bind. Refusing her might anger her father which can have some dire consequences for your little kingdom if she is of high status (if shes just his 3rd or more daughter he likely doesn't care if you refuse her if done tactfully). There is of course also the risk of assassination which would then give her your title/kingdom unless you already have an heir (adopted works, too). Check with the local inheritance laws (or make them to suite you) just in case.
Short term stall for time and require extensive courting interrupted by urgent business (adventuring etc.) and also question your grandfather why he thought she would be a good match.

So in the end you have to ask yourself if the noble house she is from is an acceptable ally/friend or if you can do better.

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Sounds like a rather trite set-up.

Wife to be is a noble from a place that trucks with evil and is, therefore, presumably evil herself. Arranged marriage. Wife to be comes complete with a black-armoured 'protector.'

Methinks player's character will be found floating face down in the moat, about 3 days after he attains rulership.

Three days? Isn't that moving a bit slow?

Psychotic Jim

First Post
You know what has me curious now, is how did the grandfather approve of the to-be bride? What's he have to gain from this?

Or is he charmed/dominated/coerced?

Drake Cross

First Post
I know that my grandpa in the game has gone through the graying (When gnomes start to age because of starting to reject from the material world since they are fae.) He is a bit senile and I believe he is doing this from profit and power since Cheliax is a powerful, if evil nation. Although I did get pay back from him by stealing the masterwork family flute from him during the last visit he made when I confronted him about his choice. XD Got a natural 20 so it was priceless. XD

frankthedm

First Post
Assuming guilt by association is generally wrong. But in this case it is just being smart.

Can you arrange a mixer party with a few paladins? Maybe Sir Dread might just be a LN Hardass. You'll need access to detect magic and dispel magic to defeat undetectable alignment and Magic aura effects as well. Unless Detect spells were removed from Kingmaker, OP would be a fool to not make use of them

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads