• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Martial Arts Help Needed

suburbaknght

First Post
I am revising my early martial arts system for compatiability with Mongoose Publishing's Fighting Styles system (see Quintessential Fighter) in preperation for use with a game I am preparing to run. When finished, all OGL derivative mechanics will be open content and I will post the system to the board, but for now I need some help. If anyone with experience in the following martial arts would talk to me over AIM (preferred) or correspond via e-mail (acceptable) I would appreciate it.

I need help with the following martial arts. The particular style does not matter, and in fact, a broader variety would be preferred.

Boxing
Capoeira
Choy Li Fut (drunken boxing)
Ju-jistu/Judo
Karate (various Kempo styles preferred but any style acceptable)
Kenjitsu/Kendo
Krav Magda
Kung Fu (Shaolin preferred but any style acceptable)
Muay Thai
Tai Chi Chuan
Tae Kwon Do

Thank you in advance for your help. My e-mail address is first_wizard@hotmail.com if you want to set up a time to talk and my AIM SN is suburbaknght

suburbaknght

First Post
I've been holding off purchasing Blood & Fists until it comes out in print. However, while I consider it a fine choice for regular d20 Modern games in which martial arts are simply one more tool in players' arsenal, I want something more detailed and comprehensive for a martial arts game.

The mongoose system has prerequistes and training times for each leve of ability, at the end of which a bonusis granted. It integrates the feats that define a style (i.e. Defensive Martial Arts, Combat Throw, Improved Combat Throw, Combat Expertise, Improved Disarm, and Unabalance Opponent are all key techniques in Aikido) in a way that I don't feel Blood and Fists really achieves.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads