Martial Power: Beast Mastery

Rechan

Adventurer
One questoin: Where does it designate how many Healing surges your pet has? It says that pets have healing surges (just like anyone else), and as a minor action a ranger can use one of his surges to heal the pet, but it doesn't specify how many surges a pet does get (for, say, out-of-combat healing).

Incendax

First Post
I imagine the beast snarling and harrassing the foes even when he doesn't use a standard action to make a telling attack. That said, I love the beastmaster and think it offers the Ranger an entirely new niche besides hitting things really hard.

You can chose your animal type to assist with damage, assist with minions, or just be defensive to provide flanks.

There is also some interesting possibility for inappropriate builds. An old Intelligence + Wisdom ranger who focuses on ritual casting is an absurd character to try and play, but with a beast you can still contribute to damage in your group.

Ibixat

First Post
My cursory read through at work today between calls was that the beast ranger was pretty well written, and I may just have to try one out, but what truly has me happy for my Drow rogue is the hand crossbow stuff.
Two fisted shooter is one beastly feat for heroic tier in my opinion. One handed hand crossbow reloading as a free action.. be still my heart, I can actually ditch quick draw with that feat =)

Lizard

Explorer
Also gain little benefits.

Boars gain speed when charging, and do more damage on a charge.

Snakes and lizards get a bonus to opportunity attacks.

Wolves get +Wisdom Bonus to attacks when they have Combat Advantage.

And there are a lot of powers with "If your beast is a Blah, target is also [effect name here]".

Remove ads