Masks of Nyarlathotep: Chapter 1 (New York City)

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
Removing the phone from his ear, Charles stares oddly at it for a moment.

Then placing it back to his ear he replies, "Miriam, it IS good to hear from you. I'm sorry about the that pause. I must say you surprised me quite a bit there. You see, Phelps and Shellenback are standing not ten feet from me at this exact moment."

"You've heard from Elias have you? This should prove interesting. Well where do you suggest we all meet?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"How odd... And a rather welcome coincidence at that. Well, since there are three of you there and only two of us here, we'll come to you. We'll be over within the hour Charles. Good bye," Miriam says brightly, though her face has a rather troubled expression.

"Father, it seems that William and Shllenback are at Charles' shop of all things! I said we'd be over to meet them, it only seems fair and I haven't been to Charles' shop in an age. I'm going to have to call a cab though, I'm not as strong as you to go tromping about the streets I'm afraid," Miriam says with the same bright cheer. Picking up the phone again she calls for a cab to come to her house.

"Let me get my coat and purse Father, the cab should be here shortly." With that Miriam gets her fur coat and matching hat, pulling on gloves against the cold. Grabbing up her purse she goes to the window to wait the arrival of the cab.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Well, while we're waiting," William says, hefting the papers, "I was wondering if you could take a look over these, Charlie? They're in German, as you see, and unfortunately I speak not a whit of German. But you do, as I recall." He grins. "I'm working on another one of my books, you know. And not being able to translate this bit made me a bit irritable, to the extent that Madelyn sent me out of the house for the day." He laughs.

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
"Of course I'll take a look at your papers", says Charles.

"Though really, I don't know how much of a help I can be. It's been close to twenty years since I was stationed in Germany", he says as he sits down at his desk to begin translation.

yangnome

First Post
"A cab will be fine. I'm sure I'll already be stiff tomorrow morning just from the walk over here. What a strange coincidence that they'd all be over in his shop right now." Father O'Malley examines the Egyptian statuette as he waits for Miriam to grab her purse.

Gomez

First Post
Charles and William begin to pour over the documents that William had brought as Shellenback looks on. After a half hour or so, the door to the shop opens and in steps Father O'Malley and Miriam.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Father, Miriam!" William says, walking across the room. "Long time no see!" he says, grasping the Father's hand in a truly fearsome grip. "You're looking well, Miriam," he says, giving her hand a slight kiss. "So what brings you here?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"William, how good to see you!" Miriam says, giving him a warm smile. "Well, it's Father O'Malley's telegram that brings me here, truth be told. Father? Would you like the honors?" Miriam makes a gesture to open the floor to the priest.

yangnome

First Post
"Well, there isn't really a whole lot to tell you. I got this telegram from Jackson today." Father O'Malley reads/paraphrases the telegram to the group.

"Quite frankly, I was hoping one of you might have more information that what this note provides."

Remove ads