• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masks of Nyarlathotep: OOC [CoC d20]

Arabesu

precise shot

I've found precise shot pretty important. The dropping the -4 and not having to worry about shooting into melee... priceless. We do have a bruiser don't we? Wasn't the "athlete" gonna be a strong-hero type?

Does rapid shot or double tap appear in CoC? If your going for a gunslinger, those can be pretty fun.

It looks like your PC and mine are gun toting although yours is probably better built for action. Mine is the "face" but when diplomacy fails a little smack with .38 upside the head can work wonders. Hopefully this is not irrelevant. My experience is that when mythos creatures show up all the feat optimization in the world can't help you; its best to just run away.

I just realized that sleight of hand is trained only. I better go fix that...

Gomez

First Post
One thing to remember.

You do not get bonus languages equal to your INT Bonus. You have to have the Skill, Speak Other Languages for that.

Gomez

First Post
Arabesu said:
Does rapid shot or double tap appear in CoC? If your going for a gunslinger, those can be pretty fun.

Rapid Shot
Prerequisite: Dex 13+, Point Blank Shot
Benefit: You can get one extra attack per round with a ranged weapon. The attack is at your highest base attack bonus, but each attack (the extra one and the normal ones) suffer a -2 penalty. You must use a full-round action to use this feat.

Douane

First Post
Gomez said:
One thing to remember.

You do not get bonus languages equal to your INT Bonus. You have to have the Skill, Speak Other Languages for that.

Which I consider to be a shame. Intelligence has to be good for something. :\

At least one can learn an unlimited number of languages.

Rookseye

Explorer
Gomez, forgive me if this is a foolish question, but would you like the alternates to generate characters as well, or should we wait so that they can be adapted to fit in situationally as the campaign progresses?

Gomez

First Post
Rookseye said:
Gomez, forgive me if this is a foolish question, but would you like the alternates to generate characters as well, or should we wait so that they can be adapted to fit in situationally as the campaign progresses?

It might be better to wait and see where they are in the campaign if an alternate is needed.

Arabesu

So I should probably drop a class skill to take speak language...

I assume that for cc each language is two ranks and for speak lang as a class skill it is 1 per language...

Addendum: nevermind... I just saw Douane's character... It looks like he took every language...

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Nope, just the necessary ones. :D

Most of them are necessitated by his background - proper research into the Great War can only be done by the study of original documents, not (perhaps) poorly done translations. Anthony learned to read hieroglyphs while in Egypt with his english Friend while the use of runes has become more wide-spread in Germany after the war, so he learned that, too. Latin basics come from his law studies, he simply expanded upon it later on. Greek was added to study the classic philosophers in their own language.

Douane

First Post
To get into the proper frame of mind, here are some monetary numbers from the year 1924 (with thanks to the Antique Automobile Club of America):

Avg. Income.....................................$1,124/year
New Home (Median Price)..........................$7,720
New Car (Avg. Cost)..................................$ 398
Gas.....................................................21¢/gal.
Milk (Qt).....................................................13¢
Bread (Loaf).................................................9¢
Eggs...................................................43¢/doz.
Steak (lb)...................................................41¢
Stamp.........................................................2¢

Remove ads