Masks of Nyarlathotep [OOC]

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Masks of Nyarlathotep PBP

Can you unravel the fate of the Carlyle Expedition in time to stop the plans of the Crawling Chaos! If you wish to try, I am starting a Call of Cthulhu d20 play by post game of the classic campaign, "THE COMPLETE MASKS OF NYARLATHOTEP".
This is one of the best Call of Cthulhu adventures ever. Action is the byword as the player-characters race the clock to defeat the plans of mad men and gods. Game play begins in late January, 1925 in New York City. I will be using the Call of Cthulhu d20 rules so you will need them to play. Characters will begin at 1st level and you will use a 28 point characteristic buy. All investigators should have some connection to atleast one other player character and/or Jackson Elias, a 38 year old writer who specializes in studying death cults.
This is a long but exciting adventure and the death or insanity of player character should not be ruled out. So, if you want to play just say so and start making those characters. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

In Character Thread
Rogue Gallery Character Thread

Last edited:

Yellow Sign

Explorer
picture test

matches_tiger.jpg

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
My character:

A former butler/bodyguard, Thomas Anderson's "master" passed away a year ago and he has been trying to find new meaning to his life. He wanders London doing odd-jobs and serving as a bouncer, though he knows he isn't as nimble as he used to be.
His companion is the mongrel Ted, whom Thomas constantly scolds as being 'a dumb dog', but is actually his trusted companion.

Recently he saved up enough to move to New York, figuring a change would do him good. He has bumped into Jackson Elias recently in his attempts to find work, possibly as a security guard.

Thomas Anderson, 1st level
Str: 14 Dex: 14 Con: 12 Int: 14 Wis: 10 Cha: 12
Sanity: 50

HP: 7

Skills:
Bluff
Climb
Diplomacy
Gather Information
Handle Animal
Heal
Listen
Profession [Cook]
Search
Spot
Swim

Feats:
Unarmed Combat
Weapon Proficiency [Pistol] and [Shotgun]

Last edited:

I'd like to play too. I am a newbie as far as posting on the Enworld boards goes but I have been lurking around Enworld for a long time. I also run my own PbP game on Ezboard so I am familiar with the format. I'm also a fan of the Cthulhu mythos, both the games and the stories but have never read the adventure you are planning on running. I have the d20 version of the game and already have put together the basics for a character.

A couple of questions before I submit my character. Are you using the "Variant: Defense Bonus" rule? Also, are Psychic Feats allowed? Just wanted to get answers to these questions before submitting a completed character.

My character idea is a Catholic Priest, who in addition to being a Priest, has a degree in Psychology. If you have seen the movie The Exorcist, he would be similar to the character of Father Damien Karras.

If this type of character doesn't work, please let me know. Look forward to hearing your answers to the above questions too.

One other question, how often do you expect the players to post? I can post at least every other day, and possibly every day if necessary.

Toric

Last edited:

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Toric, your character sounds great! Yes, I am going to use the defense option variant and psychic feats. I would like my players to post at least once every 2 days if possible.

Last edited:

VorpalBunny

Explorer
I'll play!! I'm a PbP newbie, but I generally know what's entailed. I'm thinking of playing the stereotypical professor-type - defense option, lots of Knowledge skills or a journalist-type.

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Kewl, count me in as well, I like Cthulu games :)

I'm thinking along the lines of a gangster character if it the right time period for one, probably a cousin of Jackson Elias.

Shapermc

First Post
Hastur;

I am so In!!! I know CoC and PbP ( I am only in 2 other games both CoC related)

/me begs on knees

Also Festy I was thinking of a strange Idea. If I get accepted, perhaps we could be identical twin brothers, both gangsters and we use each others similar features to show up for meetings and other things if something happens wor time restraints. It is an interesting twist, but I like it. The other little quirk would be that one of us would be the strong one, and the other the smart one :D LMK what you think.

Last edited:

Shapermc

First Post
I get to be the Smart one :D I will take High INT WIS CHR

You go with STR DEX CON and we support each other and work as a team. Maybe later in the game we'll get a telepatic link :)

Remove ads