• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masque of the Red Death

laughingbuhda

First Post
I am starting a Masque campaign and was wondering if there is anything broken that I should take into account from the start?

I was also curious if there are any resources besides the Ravenloft Players guide and the Masque book it's self that are necessary, beside s monster books that is.

any advice would be appreciated.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
My advice is to combine the history of the Masque setting and the ruleset of Elements of Magic: Mythic Earth (and include horror, madness and sanity in the game).

Cynik

First Post
Besides the rules books nothing else is really necessary.

But these ressources could also be useful in detailing the world:
Gothic Earth Gazetteer (an old AD&D supplement with lots of information about the world in 1890 - maybe you can get it on ebay)
Guide to transylvania (also an old AD&D supplement)
The "Book of S..." - netbooks from the kargatane also have high quality fan made material on gothic earth (www.kargatane.com)
And on the webpage of the fraternity you also can find some information to gothic earth. www.fraternityofshadows.com
There is an webenhancement for gothic earth 3.5 as well, but I can't remember exactly where to get it (i guess at the website from sword & sorcery)

Klaus

First Post
I'd use the setting material from the new Masque, but the rulesets from d20 Modern/Past.

If you're set on using the rules from the MotRD book, do check out the Fraternity of Shadows page for an unnoficial errata that corrects a great many problems with the rules.

laughingbuhda

First Post
thank you all.

I have the original boxed set for a bit of the pricings for things as it seems the new book only did two pages of it.

Are there any recommendations on where I could get a comprehensive sort of listing for the cost's of goods and services?

Joël of the FoS

First Post
Thank you guys for the FoS mentions :) Indeed, we have a board where GE fans post their ideas and flavor texts.

I indeed suggest getting the errata from the Salon, under Errata and Enhancements then
Ravenloft 3rd Edition Products. You will find there a list of what is broken, and some tips for repairment.

There is also a South Africa GE campaign journal in the Smoking room, by the way.

Cynik said:
There is an webenhancement for gothic earth 3.5 as well, but I can't remember exactly where to get it (i guess at the website from sword & sorcery)

It's at the FoS (in the Salon, under Errata and Enhancements ahain). The Ravenloft page at S&S never had any content whatsoever :(

Joël

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads