• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mass + Spellcraft = Greater?

Burn_Boy

First Post
While I was building my latest wizardy character and picking out certain spells I'm planning on taking I was looking at the enhancement spells like Eagle's Splendor and Cat's Grace etc. and I've noticed that, even though they're not blowing tons of stuff up they're very good spells (excellent for downtime use to scribe into scrolls if you ask me) but I noticed that the Mass versions don't seem to have to same "umph" as the single ones do. I mean sure, with one spell you could buff the entire party's Strength or Charisma but if you only have one character who can really benefit from a high strength or charisma what's the point?

(Note: There can always be a scenario like the situation shown here but how many times does this happen in a common campaign?)

My proposal is being able to warp the Mass version of these spells, focusing them into a single target. Now I know you could take some downtime to create a spell called Greater Eagle's Splendor, but hear me out.

1. Cast Mass Eagle's Splendor on yourself
2. Make a Spellcraft check DC 24 (20 + spell level)
3. Get either a +6 bonus (at the expense of a level six spell slot) or a +8 bonus (at the expense of an eigth level spell slot)

Thoughts? Ideas? Needlessly complicated?

Remove ads