• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Massachusetts game day July... And a Good Time Was Had by All

starkad

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
I don't have all that much interest in Eberron, but I'm still willing to try it out. With that, if you suddenly find a whole bunch of people who want to try it out for the Eberron experience I would be willing to bow out and make room for them if needed.

Don't worry, Thor, I'll put enough old stuff in to keep you occupied. I'm interested in seeing what these new races/classes/prestige classes can do in the context of the world. Personally, I am siked to finally see flying ships again - running old spelljammer games were some of my all-time fun highlights (and some of my players to this day state that it was the most fun they ever had in a game - they had a saying back then: "See an elf, kill an elf. It's the only way to be sure he's on our side."). Ah the good 'ol days. :)

This is more a 'taste testing' venture than anything else... Well except fun, that's my goal - keep it fun and taste test... Hrm I think I might try that with dating, too... :D

CarlZog

Explorer
starkad said:
I can't say I blame you. :)

Thanks, KB! And thanks for offering to do all this, it's really cool of you.

Yeah, KB. Thanks for hosting this. It's shaping up to be an awesome amount of fun!

zog

Baron Von StarBlade

So the gods (aka work) have decreed that I'll be in Boston for class during the week of July 19th. I've set my schedule so I'll be getting in sometime Saturday evening or Sunday morning. So if you guys don't mind having an out of towner I'd like to sign up for a couple of games. I'll have more concrete times (I may be able to play in one of the earlier Sunday games) in the next few days but for right now could I be signed up for the Eberron game and the Big bug hunt during the Sunday session?

CarlZog

Explorer
Baron Von StarBlade said:
So the gods (aka work) have decreed that I'll be in Boston for class during the week of July 19th. I've set my schedule so I'll be getting in sometime Saturday evening or Sunday morning.
Baron, just a heads up to help you plan if you're not familiar with the geography:
Attleboro, where this game day is being held, is about a 30- to 45-minute drive from Boston, depending on where in Boston you're going to be.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
starkad said:
This is more a 'taste testing' venture than anything else... Well except fun, that's my goal - keep it fun and taste test...

I like fun. Fun is good.

Oh, and *bump* since I had to dig for this thread to replace my lost subscription anyway, I thought I'd make it easier for everyone else to find.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hie thee to Meta when something odd happens, and you'll probably find an explanation there. In this case, a db table totally self-destructed. Bleck.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
CarlZog said:
Baron, just a heads up to help you plan if you're not familiar with the geography:
Attleboro, where this game day is being held, is about a 30- to 45-minute drive from Boston, depending on where in Boston you're going to be.

easier to time the commuter rail in many ways, but at least this will be a weekend. Anyway, folks commute it every day, so I don't think of it as that far to go for a full day's worth of activities. For one game, yeah, a bit much.

Kahuna Burger

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Ok, with a couple of weeks to go, I figure I might as well start the official tally. Folks who are definitly in need to email me at my yahoo adress, which is kahuna[underscore]burger73. Please mention your enworld nick if its not obvious in your email adress and if you are rsvping for folks other than yourself say so. Also if you haven't gotten around to signing up to run or play in a game, feel free to mention and I'll update the main post.

This would probably also be a good time to see if folks would like to bring foodstuffs. Hubby and I will be making a big ol meat run the day before or morning of, but drinks, chips, veggies, potluck items, etc would all be nice to fill in the gaps. If you have a folding chair or card table that you wouldn't mind schleping, let us know that too - we did a quick seat count and came up around 20, but the study will lack a table and I don't have a full nose count of how many we're expecting at this point. (so its not like its BYOChair, but one or two extras wouldn't hurt).

Looking forward to hearing from folks!

Kahuna Burger

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'm going to be throwing my own out-of-state bbq the day before, KB, so I'm happy to bring leftovers for Sunday. Based on past experience these will include some meat and some side dishes, but no telling exactly what just yet.

I'll update the master list on page 1 shortly. We need more gamers and games! :)

Remove ads