Massive Web Update and cleanup!

GreyOne

Explorer
Leopold,

I think we should start with the Principality map that L. Ron came up with (I don't see it there). We could start at the top and work in a circle detailing each principality in more detail.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
he sent me 6 maps and those are the ones that are currently posted in various places. I am going through each large section in turn and posting a status on the area. I will post a link when it's done.

If someone can send me that map I would appreciate it. From what I can tell the majority of the work on the strongholds are done, the work that needs to be done so far is this:

1. Spell check the files: I am going through each one and spellchecking, some typos in there that need to be fixed and i am working on that.

2. Statblocks for the gods: These guys need some stats for them. Yes they are dieties or something along those lines but I know ther is more to them than just what they once were. I believe with the ELH this will be possible.

3. Finish the lands: Currently all the lands save one are complete. Finish this one off and we can move onward.

4. Pretty up the files: Hints and tips on website creation are always helpful. I for one am not a web guru as I spend all day on servers and routers and a web page that has a link to something looks good enough for me. Creative advice is always helpful.

5. Maps: God these maps look beautiful! Keep it up! They are getting shifted around.

6. Pictures: More pix of the patrons and fiendlords are needed. I am moving pix from the gallery to their appropriate area to better have a look at them. This way the people can see what the patron, lord, god, etc. looks like.

I saw that regional feats were being worked on and so was magic. I for one think that unless someone has a new and interesting and never before seen feat than we shall use it. Else move onto something else as feats have been done to death IMHO.

So let's finish up the lands, work on the gods, patrons, etc. and then move onward to fluff material. Once the core is complete that way anyone can come in and pick up the pieces and expand and explore the setting. But completion of the core areas is key.

LRonKnieval

First Post
Excellent job so far leopold,
I have but one suggestion, you might want to "thumbnail" the maps and other art files so the sites load faster for folks who are casually viewing things. Also let me know if you want stuff like Icons. I've got a few pictures in the works or you as well. Keep up the good work.

Btw, I have the principalities map. It needs work before we post it to the site.
www.members.aol.com/looleee/principalities-map.gifwww.members.aol.com/looleee/principalities-map.gif

as you can see many are yet un-named. perhaps their is hobboblin principality is among them (hint)?

Oh and I got another plug for Daemonforge, at least in the maps department. The third picture looks suspiciously like one of the DF. strongholds.
http://swordsorcery.com/AmphoraContest/ContestPage.html

L.Ron

Last edited:

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
how do i thumbnail the maps? Can anyone tell me how?

Send me all the art you can, I can always find a place for more of it.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
update note:

Went through the strongholds dir and spellchecked the ENTIRE lot of them. Allot of typos were made and are now corrected. I am working on a standard format for all of them with a correct color schema.

LRonKnieval

First Post
To thumbnail stuff use a smaller image on the page and when it is clicked on, you make a link to a larger version that opens in a new window. When you post a picture in HTML, you can dictate the size it shows up. Check out the source code on the DF Art page, it uses thumb nails.

LRonKnieval

First Post
cool, the site loads much better now.

I was checking out the first page and I think that needs to be worked on a bit, only because the info on it is pretty old. Anyone that doesn't know you are updating and fixing everything won't be able to tell from the first page.

Perhaps you change the current topics to Irrisibon or Principalities of the Kessel... just a little of the text to keep it current.

Last edited:

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
another problem that is buggin me is that there are 2 backgrounds used. 1 is the black background common to ENWorld, the other is the sand stoneish background common in the other links on the page, take the fiendlords page as an example.

Are we using both or just one?

NOTE: Updated main page to reflect new focus on all the lands in the realm. I think by targeting these we can effectively flesh out the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Remove ads