• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Master of Many Forms + Nature's Warrior?

Krafen

First Post
I imagine you are asking whether Nature's Armament applies to the MoMF's additional form options. I'd say it does. The MoMF is still using wild shape. Also, thanks to erratta, levels in both classes stack for purposes of wild shape progression.

calypso15

Explorer
Krafen said:
I imagine you are asking whether Nature's Armament applies to the MoMF's additional form options. I'd say it does. The MoMF is still using wild shape. Also, thanks to erratta, levels in both classes stack for purposes of wild shape progression.

That is the gist of my question, yes.

And your answer was my initial thought too. But then I had the following question about:

Say you went Druid 5/MoMF 1/Nature's Warrior 5. Fine and dandy. You are considered a MoMF 6 for the purposes of determining what you can turn into.

Now let's say you go back and finish out MoMF. What happens with your progression of forms? When you reach Druid 5/MoMF 1/Nature's Warrior 5/MoMF 2 are considered to be a MoMF 7 for determining your Wild Shape abilities, and you get their intermediate abilities (like Extraordinary Wildshape) at the proper levels (so, Extraordinary Wildshape at MoMF 7)?

And lastly... what happens when you start getting into MoMF 6-10. By the time you reached MoMF 5, you would have reached the limit of the class. So does 6-10 just grant the non-wildshape abilities?

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
calypso15 said:
Say you went Druid 5/MoMF 1/Nature's Warrior 5. Fine and dandy. You are considered a MoMF 6 for the purposes of determining what you can turn into.
Not exactly. You are only considered a MoMF 1 in the example above. I think you guys are a little confused on the "stacking" of these classes for Wild Shape. Here are the two Errata's quoted:
Complete Warrior Errata said:
Page 65: Nature’s Warrior Wilding Ability
(class feature)
The nature’s warrior’s class levels stack with other class
levels
[in this case MoMF] that grant wild shape for the purpose of
determining the maximum Hit Dice of a form
.(Emphasis & brackets mine)
Complete Adventurer Errata said:
Page 59: Improved Wild Shape (class
feature)
Add the following text to the end of the improved wild
shape ability description: The master of many forms’
class levels stack with other class levels that grant wild
shape for the purpose of determining the maximum Hit
Dice of a form.
(Emphasis Mine)
SO really the MoMF levels only stack for consideration of the Maximum HD of animal/creature you can WS into, while the NW levels according to the CW and the Errata mean those levels stack with Druids totally to determine size/shape/# of times/day, but with MoMF they only stack to determine max HD. So in your build above (Dru5/NW5/MoMF1) you would:

Wild Shape as a 10th level Druid:
4/day & Large
MoMF would add:
1 WS/day per the CA Improved Wild Shape, Humaniod WS, and shifter's speech.

In total you'd be able to WS 5/day, from sizes Small to Large and a max of 11HD (Dru5+NW5+MoMF1) animal (or Humanoid per the MoMF lvl 1 Improved WS ability).

So the only thing "redundant" would be when you are Dru5/NW5/MoMF2 you would gain the ability to WS into a Large creature again, but you're also gaining the ability to WS into Giants so... you're not losing too much.
...MoMF 7 for determining your Wild Shape abilities, and you get their intermediate abilities (like Extraordinary Wildshape) at the proper levels (so, Extraordinary Wildshape at MoMF 7)?
Yes, you would gain Extraordinary Wildshape at MoMF 7, which in the build you're describing above would happen at Dru5/NW5/MoMF 7, so 17th level.
And lastly... what happens when you start getting into MoMF 6-10. By the time you reached MoMF 5, you would have reached the limit of the class. So does 6-10 just grant the non-wildshape abilities?
No, if I've explained myself clearly above this should be obvious by now. But You would gain the following in your level progressions:

D5/NW5/MoMF 6 - WS 10/day; Tiny to Huge; Aberration, animal, fey, giant, Humanoid, Monsterous Humanoid
""/"""/MoMF 7 - WS 11/day; Same; Same + add Plant WS & Extraordinary WS
""/"""/MoMF 8 - WS 12/day; Diminuative to Huge: Same + add Ooze shapes
.... And you get the idea I hope.

I've played this combo before and hashed and worked out these kinks with DM's and others. Let me know if you have more questions in PM or here.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads