Master Tools?

KnowTheToe

First Post
Anyone heard anything else about Master Tools or its release? If not for this sight I would know nothing about the product. WOTC could not do a worse job keeping the public informed about this product. First they push it as the end all be all of gaming software, then they cut the hell out of it and put a note on the web site saying changes are in process, wait for details. Well it has been months and we are still waiting:confused:

Fast Learner

First Post
As noted in an older thread here, it appears that a GenCon timeframe is considerably more likely now, based on comments from Ryan Dancey, he who is in charge of the project.

Last edited:

fan1

First Post
I am guessing that they will eventually drop the project especially if anyone from Marketing or Strategic Planning at Wizards reads any of the comments.

Now Ryan has been giving us some very brief highlights I do empathize and feel sorry for Ryan that he is getting the brunt of all of this, but really you cannot blame the people that will be the ones to buy this product.

It seems to be the "NEVER ENDING PROJECT", that it is just too large in scope, too complicated, that is drowning under too much Red Tape, and I don't know if I am the only one but it gives you the impression that there are too many stumbling blocks behind the scenes and that it is divided into too many parts that just can, like Humpty Dumpty, can not be put back together.

This is not a flame but a demonstration of buyer power and an example of frustration. This is leading to indifference should this ever come out, and it will mean that it will be overlooked and left to collect dust and not to be purchased.

This could create consequences that will make Wizards think very hard at ever producing a like-minded product. It is great to want to create technology based systems with a goal to be cutting edge in their field, but one also has to ensure that one has all the tools and a logical means and goal to produce it.
:eek:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
They killed it when they sold the software rights. They pushed its release dateback what, 2 years? Grr.

I was a big fan of MT, but now I don't think I'd buy it at all. I certainly won't at the prices they've suggested - and if too many people think like me, they won't get enough money to justify doing it better. :(

Fast Learner

First Post
...which was updated on Feb 4 by Ryan Dancey saying:

I received the current build of MT from Fluid on Monday. I contacted all the NDA'd beta testers yesterday to update them on the process that will happen when I'm ready to release the beta code to them.
If you are in the beta test (have received a letter from me confirming your participation) and have not received an NDA, or received an NDA and haven't received a letter confirming that you'll be receiving instructions on how to get the beta from yesterday's email, please contact me directly.

Needleman

First Post
I just finished downloading the program about an hour ago, although some of the other beta testers have gotten it sooner. Unfotunately (for you) the NDA allows me to tell you only two things about the program:

1. Jack
2. [hmm..why didn't the profanity filter catch this? - Morrus]

I think I'm safe in saying that the visual interface is nothing like CharGen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads