• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maumelle Duelist, homebrew world prestige class

pyric_lust

First Post
Maumelle Duelists originate from the wealthy merchant town of Maumelle. The town itself is prides itself on it's low ammount of crime (which is actually just orginized crime or members of the well hidden thieves' guild). Disagreements are settled w/ a formal duel, which is where the locals excell. These duels are settled when first blood is drawn, when one of the duelists concede, or when one dies. The duelists choose upon this before the duel begins.

This one of two of my home-brew prestige classes I've created for my world. I'd like some feedback on it and perhaps ways that it could be improved, it has had a good bit of playtesting in my campaign though, and doesn't feel all that unbalanced.

If anyone would want to help me w/ a nice introduction for the class as well I'd REALLY appreciate it. For a lil' more background, Maumelle is in a cold climate (think alaska), but is kept alive b/c it is half-way along a major trade route to the city of Turse. And I gave some of the other info on it in my own meager introduction.

Maumelle Duelist
Requirements
Alignment: Any Neutral
Base attack bonus: +5
Skills: Bluff 4 ranks
Feats: Dodge, weapon focus (dagger, punch dagger, rapier, saber, or short sword)
Skills: Balance (Dex), bluff (cha), climb (str), diplomacy (cha), intimidate (cha), jump (str), profession (wis), swim (str)
Skill points per level: 2+ int modifier
Hit Dice: D8

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
1 +1 +2 +2 +0 Maumelle Dodge
2 +2 +3 +3 +0 Silver Tongue
3 +3 +3 +3 +1
4 +4 +4 +4 +1 Flashing Blade
5 +5 +4 +4 +1 Cut them Deep

Maumelle Dodge: When using the dodge feat, a Maumelle Duelist may add his intelligence modifier (if positive) to the dodge bonus to AC provided by this feat.

Silver Tongue: A Maumelle Duelist has mastered the use of his sharp wit and glib tongue; he gains a +2 competence bonus to bluff and diplomacy checks.

Flashing Blade: A Maumelle Duelist adds his intelligence modifier (if positive) to his initiative roll.

Cut them Deep: When wielding a piercing weapon with which the Maumelle Duelist has the weapon focus feat with, he increases the critical multiplier by one.

Attachments

• maumelle duelist.doc
    20 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

pyric_lust

First Post
I decided to hop in an check on any feedback after goin out w/ my wife. None yet :( guess I'll check in the morning, thankx again for any comments.

Azure Trance

First Post
It's interesting, if a bit short. Though since it's a localized, I assume specific type of dueling style there's nothing wrong with that. None of the abilities are unbalancing either, though I want to ask why the INT modifier is always used - are they supposed to be particuraly intelligent?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads