• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Max Payne

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Photos from the upcoming movie (Oct. '08) starring Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis, Beau Bridges, Ludacris, and Chris O'Donnell.

Photos from Max Payne

attachment.php

Wahlberg as Max Payne

Attachments

• MaxPayne.jpg
    MaxPayne.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

Darth Shoju

First Post
Is this based off the video game? I recall watching a friend play the first one, but I never played them myself. Did they have the religious element in them too, or is this movie unrelated to them?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Is this based off the video game? I recall watching a friend play the first one, but I never played them myself. Did they have the religious element in them too, or is this movie unrelated to them?
It is definitely based on the video game. It says so under Plot Keywords.

It is supposed to be related to the movie, but I really don't get what the angels and devil talk is about - and especially the SFX. Doesn't seem to fit the setting much...

RigaMortus2

First Post
I know this is based off a video game, but I don't know much about it. I assumed it was basically like Hitman. But watching the trailer, I think it reminds me more of Constantine...

evildmguy

Explorer
Um wow.

I thought Vincent Ventresca would be a better fit for Max, in terms of looks. And voice, really.

And I played the game a lot and don't remember the angels. Lots of "demons" but no "real" ones.

I am now a bit skeptical but still hopeful.

edg

Darth Shoju

First Post
Um wow.

I thought Vincent Ventresca would be a better fit for Max, in terms of looks. And voice, really.

And I played the game a lot and don't remember the angels. Lots of "demons" but no "real" ones.

I am now a bit skeptical but still hopeful.

edg

Ok, so it's not just my imagination that the angels/devils aren't in the video game then? From what I saw, it was a basic crime/noir type game. I wonder why they felt the need to make it into Constantine Redux?

arnon

Explorer
I'm kind hoping that all the angels and demons thing is part of Max's psyche...

And anyone who played the game knows that Max's psyche is completely screwed up...

evildmguy

Explorer
I'm kind hoping that all the angels and demons thing is part of Max's psyche...

And anyone who played the game knows that Max's psyche is completely screwed up...

I am getting sick of Hollywood deciding that they want to adapt something to the big screen AND that it needs to be "improved." They had their script in the Max Payne game. It was all there. Why mess with success?

*sigh*

edg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads