May Rules Update

renau1g

First Post
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdateMay2010.pdf

They're up.

1st thing I saw is the reduction of Healer's Lore to only affect powers that require the user to use a surge. Healics take a big hit to Astral Seal now

Pit Fighter got punched in the gut also. No more ranger MC'ing to PF for the huge bonus to damage

As widely expected Daggermaster was finally addressed to be only rogue powers or daggermaster powers. This effectively kicks out the sorcerers and Twin Strikers also.

Throw and Stab was nerfed...apparently Twin Strike is still fine :confused:

Last edited:

mneme

Explorer
Wow. Fantastic update.

Big fixed things:

Pit Fighter (fighter/pf powers only)
Daggermaster (rogue/dm powers only)
Forced movement: Now works correctly in 3d. You can pull/push flying things vertically. You can push things down or up an incline!
Movement in general: clarified that special forms of movement are just movement; they can now be used when taking actions that move you.
Stealth: now usable whenever you move, not when you take a move action.
Healics: Lovely kneecapping. Healing bonuses from Healer's Lore, Healer's implement, etc now only work when you let someone spend a surge.
Hop down: you can now roll to hop down without being trained in Acrobatics (DC: 15)
Aid Another: big fix/change. DC for aiding skill checks now scales, and failure gives a -1to the base roll. Aiding attacks/defenses is now automatic.
Charge: No charging around corners
Flying: Stun now causes you to fall. Hover is not needed to shift (but stops you from falling if you're stunned)
Goblin Totem: Item bonus
Feycharger: nerfed
Enlarge Spell: wizard-only, and no dailies
Spirit of Healing : halved (plus the nerf to healing bonuses)
Sudden Call: 1/encounter
Brawler Style: now an enchancement bonus (as it should have been)
Throw and Stab: not a charge any more; have to be different targets
Intuitive Strike: now a +2 power bonus (on top of combat advantage)

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
1st thing I saw is the reduction of Healer's Lore to only affect powers that require the user to use a surge. Healics take a big hit to Astral Seal now
This one was sorely needed. I'm not a big fan of at-will surgeless healing in general and the way it was phrased, Astral Seal was way over the top.

Votan

Explorer
They also seem to have changed the Tiefling's racial power.

I admit that the volume of errata, even if well founded, is about to be a serious issue for me. I dislike needing to look things up in multiple places just to make sure the rule was not changed. The Rules Compendium may assist with some of this, though.

Obryn

Hero
The Rules Compendium may assist with some of this, though.
100%.

If you're using the Character and Monster Builders, you basically just need a quick overview to see if anything applies to your group. If not, just set it aside and forget about it; it'll all work its way in.

-O

renau1g

First Post
also that healing zone (holy ground?) was nerfed a lot (indirectly) which seems like a good thing imho

All healing powers were affected, regen ones also as well as cure X wounds

Definitely no longer the super healers anymore. Now they are more like very good healers.

yeah, but regen owers never benefitted from healing word. Only when regen was emulated by regains hpevery turn...

+7 hp on a cure wound is much less noticeable tha +7hp per round on a heal 1+cha modifier per round power...

but clerics will still be very good/the best healers.

renau1g

First Post
yeah, but regen owers never benefitted from healing word.

Oh...but they did. The old Healer's Lore said "one of your cleric powers that had the healing keyword, add your Wis mod to the hit points the recipient regains". See the below example which has the healing keyword. There are others, but the below would grant 5+5 (assuming at least 20 Wis by now) + 2 healer's implement feat + 2 Healer's Armor = Regen 14 instead of the 5 granted by the power.

Divine Power - Cleric 9 Daily

Daily Divine, Healing, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action Close burst 2

Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you gain regeneration 5, and you and each ally within the burst gain a +2 power bonus to AC.

Remove ads