• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[May] What are you reading?

delericho

Legend
Finished "The Amber Spyglass" by Philip Pullman on Thursday, and am about to start "Krondor: Tear of the Gods" by Feist next. After that, I'll be on to "Lords of the Bow" by Conn Iggulden.

In RPG books, I've just finished the Eberron adventure "Eyes of the Lich Queen", and am about to start "The Unknown Regions" for SWSE. After that, I have a huge pile of 3.5e Eberron books to read through, and will be getting the last few SWSE books in the next couple of months.

grufflehead

First Post
The Conan Chronicles volume 2 by Robert Jordan. Where thews are mighty, sorcerers are smote (smitten? smited?) and all the women have a breast-to-waist ratio that's picturesque, but I suspect a sign of lower back problems in later life.

Churchill's Wizards by Nicholas Rankin. About the art of military deception from WWI onwards. Slightly misleading title in that it isn't solely focussed on the British army, but Churchill has a habit of popping up and doing something badass when you least expect it. No doe-eyed wenches (so far).

Green Ronin's Hobby Games: The 100 Best. A collection of essays by some luminaries of the games industry in which they enthuse about their favourite RPG/wargame/boardgame and the influence it had on them. Sadly, it's no longer possible to get all the contributors to sign their pieces, but even if you could get those still with us to do it, the book would be worthy of a quest in itself.

Crothian

First Post
Since I am going to run Temple of Elemental Evil in my campaign I'm reading Temple of Elemental Evil the greyhawk novel to see how they do it. :D

Wombat

First Post
Recently finished David Brin's first Uplift Trilogy (good to read those again!).

Currently I am reading The War Lovers: Roosevelt, Lodge, Hearst, and the Rush to Empire, 1898, by Evan Thomas. Thumping good history. :)

Remove ads