• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[May] What are you reading?

Pants

First Post
Working on The Stand and after only 200 pages, it is the most thoroughly depressing book I've read. It also creeps me the hell out. When I was reading the book late at night, in bed, with only one light and my nose suddenly started to run, my first thought was 'OH SH*T!' :eek:

Looking forward to devouring Steven Erikson's Garden's of the Moon when it is finally released in the US next month. Yay!

Blastin

First Post
Just finished the four books in the "Ender" series by Orson Scott Card (Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind). Of the four books, I read three of them in one day each. I haven't done that before ever;) Great science fiction books.
Gonna be listening to the Devinci code on tape driving to the beach in a week...
Oh...somone mentioned House of Leaves...love that book. It is, hands down, the strangest book I have ever read. Lent it to a buddy and he actually got mad at me because he couldn't finish it for the nightmares it was giving him...

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Finished Connelly's The Narrows and thought it was all right. Not that much sleuthing work and heavy-handed at times.

Naxuul

First Post
Pants said:
Lots of King's work ties in together in some ways.
Insomnia also ties in quite a bit with the Dark Tower Books. I've heard that IT may also tie in (rather vaguely actually), although I have yet to read it.

I just finished Wolves of the Calla, the fifth Dark Tower book.. and the best so far. Which is saying alot considering how good the third and fourth were. The Dark Tower series connects to alot of Steven King books. *minor spoilers ahead* Eyes of the Dragon and The Stand have the obvious connectiong of Flagg, Salem's Lot has the connection of the priest, It is connected by many mentions of the Turtle... and i'm figuring It will also have a connection to the Crimson King, Insomnia has the connection of a multi-leveled universe and the big villain(who I hope isn't as silly in the Dark Tower), The Talisman/Black House have a connection to Mid World I think. Rose Madder, Bag of Bones, Desperation, The Regulators and From a Buick 8 are all supposed to be connected to it as well, but either those are super vague connections or they appear in the last two books. In a related note of the inter-connectivity of Stephen King novels, you can find quite a few references to It throughout his books.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads