• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maybe I should pay attenion in class...

trimeulose

First Post
So I'm sitting here in English, and it occurs to me that I spend more time on the boards when I'm in English class, than when I'm at home. Are there any ethics that say I should do otherwise.

I mean, should I be on the boards during Calculus and Art Appreciation as well.

Are there any tips we can share so we can maximize our message board time.

First few:

Look just over the top of the monitor so you can read your messages, but appear to be interested in the professor's lecture.

Type softly so as not to create noise which draws attention.

Turn off monitor SLOWLY and non-chanlantly so the teacher won't see any incriminating evidence.

While monitor is off close windows (Alt-F4) so that if the monitor is turned on, there is no evidence.

Please only reply if you are in class or at work.

alsih2o

First Post
trim,
i do a good bit of volunteer work in the local schools, usually teaching some kind of art. when young and able artists ask for my advice i always tell them "study chemistry, physics and math, the rest is easy".

so, my suggestion is to not look at enworld during calculus, but to only hit the boards during gov't, english and all those other classes that won't help if you wish to pursue a career in the arts. :p

my .02.

good luck

Drawmack

First Post

I created a windows macro that detects which of my role playing programs are open, including specific URLs and Specific directories for office. Then I created a short-cut to that macro. Then I hot keyed that macro to crtl+alt+s for oh sh*t. So all that I do is hit ctrl+alt+s when my boss is coming and it looks like I've been working diligently as my programming is on the top and my rpg stuff is safly closed.

Redleg06

First Post
Negative! Daydream in class! Don't pay attention! Get mediocre grades, then when you are in your 30s blame it all on your parents and Attention Deficit Disorder.

Works well for my generation! ;)

Siridar

First Post
Wow. And I always thought that classes were there so I could catch up on my sleep. :)

Did plenty of that during my Art History classes.

trimeulose said:
Are there any ethics that say I should do otherwise.

I mean, should I be on the boards during Calculus and Art Appreciation as well.

Are there any tips we can share so we can maximize our message board time.

Maybe you could ask the teacher to go over the section on punctuation again? :)

Squire James

First Post
It tells you the kind of college student I was when my first two thoughts were:

1. You could afford a computer when you were in college?

2. They let you bring it into class?

At any rate, a computer sitting on the desk at someone in college at anything but a computer class (or a computer teacher's office) was an oddity back in 1989...

MerakSpielman

First Post
I agree! Close this thread! I am an English Major and don't understand why you wouldn't pay attention in class! shame on you! Browse the boards in math (what is all this calculus mumbo-jumbo anyway? Sounds like some sorta CULT to me!) or at work, like me.

Remove ads