MCDM Announces: Tales from Arcadia!

darjr

I crit!
Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 6.25.35 PM.png
link
Hey nerds! Matt and Hannah here with an exciting update!

As you know, after July ARCADIA will go on hiatus for a while. All the old issues will still be here, but the whole MCDM team will be focused on our new RPG after that.

But we want to keep making cool stuff for you folks! So starting in August, we hope, you’ll get the first Tales from Arcadia article. It’s basically a single ARCADIA-style article, same format, maybe an updated layout? We’ll see.

Tales from Arcadia focuses on MCDM’s fantasy worlds of Orden and the timescape. The same world you’ve been reading about in our hardcover books as well as The Chain of Acheron and Dusk livestreams. Basically, if you want to learn more about any of the stuff you’ve read or seen there, or you’re a fan of ARCADIA, Tales from Arcadia is for you!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I wonder when/if they will be tempted to collect the 5E Arcadia stuff into hardcover books. I'm sure the PDFs are making them a nice revenue stream, but there would definitely be an audience for all the player-facing stuff in a hardcover, all the monsters in their own book, etc.

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
Having turned my back on 5E, I was a bit sad to leave MCDM behind. Matt's view on many aspects of RPGs greatly resonate with me. So I've been pretty happy to know that they're working on their own game. I'm also moderately interested in their settings. Matt showed some interesting approaches in some of the campaigns he streamed. All in all, I'm excited that they confirmed that they're will be moving their content to their system when it's ready.

I wonder when/if they will be tempted to collect the 5E Arcadia stuff into hardcover books. I'm sure the PDFs are making them a nice revenue stream, but there would definitely be an audience for all the player-facing stuff in a hardcover, all the monsters in their own book, etc.
I think there's interest! This is from the Patreon post:

ARCADIA in Print?
The status here is the same—maybe there will be a “Best of” book. It would be awesome, but for Business Reasons™ we need to hold off on determining if, how, and exactly when it would happen. Rest assured we have not forgotten!

Remove ads