Me Dwarven Kin?

Nyaricus

First Post
Hey Dwarf Lord, and welcome to EN World :D

Now, as to this thread, I gotta say: dwarves are by far my favourite race outta the bunch of them :D Nothing beats a straight fighter hacking and slashing through his foes with a maul or battleaxe (my two favourite weapons to use).

In my homebrew (read: my personal campaign setting) the dwarves are your standard Tolkien dwarves, and have advanced metalurgy techniques no other race has yet thansk to that. My CS is set in what would be essentually 1050 AD in earths time, and dwarves are one of the few races with a variety of heavy armours (since in 1050 AD there really wasn't much plate around). Many folk call heavy armours with many plates "Dwarfplate" as a slang term.

Personally, I love them for many, many reasons, and can relate to them fairly easily. My childhood was spent (on the weekends) at my cabin where I choped wood with axe, wedges and hammers all the time, and I'm short(er) at 5'7" and am stout like a dwarf too :p (180 Ibs, mostly muscle).

So yeah, I love dwarves compared to any other race, but them pointy-ears are okay, if one goes back to the Nordic legends - they are really interesting in them :D

Oh, this also rightfully should be in General than in off-topic; it's definitly an on-topic thread :)

ThirdWizard

First Post
I played in an all-dwarf game once. There was a dwarf paladin, a dwarf warmage, and a dwarf cleric, and it was great fun. We made fun of humans, drank a lot, and beat things to death instead of talk to them before drinking some more. Good times. Good times.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Honestly, I think I had more fun playing a Human female that ended up taking levels in Stoneblessed and going into Hammer of Moradin than I do an actual Dwarf. Seriously though, it was fun roleplaying this female Human speaking with Dwarves who aren't anywhere near as devout to Moradin than most Dwarves [even Clerics of Moradin].

Tetsubo

First Post
I would say that Humans are my favorite race. But among the non-humans Dwarves are at the top. They are just so darn earthy... :)

barrowwight

Explorer
dwarves all the way!!
I'm been thinking of running an all dwarf adventure for a while but sadly my players have less drawf love then me.
maybe i need to give them a dwarf beat down ;) yeah the brusied knee caps just might be in order.

scourger

Explorer
Yes. I'm running WFRP right now primarily because of the module of Karak Azgal, which is a dwarfen city built atop dwarfen ruins. I like to characterize it as an exploration of Moria.

solkan_uk

First Post
I like dwarves, but I'm not keen on how they're portrayed. I don't like this whole crazy berzerker stereotype.
My dwarves are the calm in the storm, when everything is going crazy around you, you can count on the dwarf to be a pillar of stability - unfazable, methodical, patient and difficult to rile are how I'd describe them.

Not violent lager louts as they seem to be portrayed.

Remove ads