• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mechwarrior: "Days of the Jackal"

Drakknyte32

First Post
"I suppose the buildings at that outpost might have been more than 3 stories once" He says thoughtfully, "but by the time I found the place it was pretty much nothing but rubble. The only buildings relatively intact were some of the smaller storage ones."

He turns to the new lady to show up. "Hi Mac, I'm Ryan" He says offering a hand for her to shake.

"I suppose I'm not really a Mechwarrior yet. I haven't actually fought in any battles." he says sheepishly, "But I do have my own mech. I found it at an old outpost in the desert and fixed it up. I've been practicing with it and I think I'm pretty good."

"And it isn't an agro-mech it's a... what was it called again? Oh right a Marauder Mad-3D"

Radiant

First Post
Then confronted with the women in a Steiner uniform Yuriko stops dead in her tracks, her eyes narrowing just like Mac's.
Her right hand twitches for a moment but it doesn't actually move to a weapon while her eyes fly over the uniform as if to make sure there are really no signs on it.
Strange enough she doesn't react to the absolutly unbelievable claim of the boy, she isn't even listening. Instead she uses the time to try to decide if McKenzie is an enemy or not but lacking a conclusion she just introduces herself after he does. Unlike him she doesn't offer her hand though.
"My name is Yuriko."
Lacking a better idea how to handle the situation she then goes on towards the simulators.

Urbanmech

Explorer
Alex returns to his hole of an apartment and cleans up and changes into his old Davion fatigues. The patches have been removed except for his former rank insignia and his name. He then catches a taxi to the Dark Knights building.

As the taxi nears the building he can see the line of prospective mechwarriors snaking around one side of the building. Everyone wants their 15 minutes in the spotlight, I wonder how many have seen actual combat. As he exits the taxi, Alex sees a Kuritan woman nearly draw her swords when approached by a Steiner pilot. Luckly the Kuritan woman gets control of herself and seems to exchange terse plesantries with the Steiner pilot. Alex then walks to the back of the line to wait his turn.

Shalimar

First Post
McKenzie couldn't keep the shock out of her voice at what the young pilot relates, it was simply outside the realm of her experience that a person could just find a battlemech, and almost wholly out of her comprehension that sucha mech would be an incredibly powerful mech like the Marauder. "Are you serious about that? That is some luck you have, a Marauder is quite a battlemech, I used to pilot one." she tells him, still not quite sure of how credible the story is, but she might as well get to know a possible opponent, or ally, in the coming simulations. Besides, pilots with their own mechs are rare, you never know when knowing some would help out.

With a lowered voice she asks of the other 2 pilots, "So are either of you desperate enough to actually join a collective, or are you just here for the sim-time as well?"

Drakknyte32

First Post
"Yep, I found it out in the desert in my world, by an abandoned outpost. It was really beat up but I managed to fix it after about 3 years of scrounging for parts."

He looks at her curiously at the change of voice and replies as quietly. "Is there something wrong with joining a collective?"

Shalimar

First Post
"Only mechbunnies who can't hack it in real fights play act in these Solaris stage shows," she murmurs low and derisively. "If you've ever been in a real fight, you know just how wasteful and shallow this stuff is, I'v killed people, had my lancemates killed, but at least we were fighting for a reason, here, people just fight to make others laugh, for enjoyment." she murmurs still somewhat offended by the idea of the game world. She never would have come here if Allard's victory hadn't transformed the world into a mercenary hot spot.

"But of collectives, if you were to join one, I'm sure this one is the best if it can boast simulators with every mech configuration." she tells him.

Drakknyte32

First Post
"Ah. I haven't actually been in a real fight yet. But I definately don't want to just be some stagefighter. I want to become a real warrior and prove my skill."

S

shurai

Jake turns a corner and sees the line. He blinks and looks a little disapointed. Maybe one of these days you'll learn to plan things more than an hour in advance, he thinks to himself, looking at all the hopefuls. Colorful crowd, at least . . . no way is that guy getting in . . . Are those swords?

He adjusts his bag, scratches his neck, and joins the line, next to some guy with really blonde hair, wondering how long before his feet start to ache.

Festy_Dog

First Post
A well-dressed man turns the corner not long after the pilot in the VOX cap does. He notices the line-up, and reminds himself that the advertisement was very thorough. Simulators seemed to be a great way to attract the masses.

Another man, quite clearly a pilot as well, and with platinum blonde hair resides just past the VOX guy. They both looked experienced. The wealthy fellow smiled at this, relieved that it wasn't just gamers looking to clock up time on the simulators.

He adjusted his round, mirrored sunglasses, and nudged an empty drink can with his boot. Behold the glamour of a mercenary lifestyle. His pessimistic thoughts were put on hold when he noticed a woman wearing swords. Part of a group of three she was, and an odd group too. Steiner pilot, Kurita pilot, and a presumably inexperienced pilot of no discernable allegiances. Mercenary life may not be very spectacular, but it made up for it with variety.

With a 'crinkle' noise the can below his foot was crushed. He was paying more attention to the Kurita woman. She was dressed very formally for someone trying to get into a collective, or get some sim time at least. Maybe it warranted further interest, if he was given opporunity.

He shrugged, and resumed a casual stance, taking in everything going on around him.

Radiant

First Post
Shalimar said:
With a lowered voice she asks of the other 2 pilots, "So are either of you desperate enough to actually join a collective, or are you just here for the sim-time as well?"

Yuriko looks slightly uncomfortable admiting that she only wants to use the Dark Knights simulators. She lowers her voice too as to not insult anyone who realy wants to join.
"Death and destruction are nothing that one should cause for entertainment. There is no honour in fighting in a game and anyone doing it does not deserve to be called a mechwarrior."
Right at that moment her expression matches McKenzies and she sounds disgusted by the whole concept of killing for entertainment.
She turns towards Ryan.
"You claim you ...found... a Marauder? If that is true than it is the single most lucky incident I ever heard of. At least concerning happenings during my lifetime. But then your attitude is the right one, maybe it was fate."
Her voice doesn't sound entirely convinced that she believes any of it.
Feeling people staring at her again she finally decides that enough is enough and turns around meeting the eyes of anyone she can find watching her, her eyes challenging them to either come over and tell her right there if they have a problem with her or leave her alone.
Seeing that most just looked curious she relaxes and just tries to ignore them.

Remove ads