• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mechwarrior RPG 1st edition - modules

jaz0nj4ckal

First Post
Folks,
I just picked a copy of Mechwarrior RPG 1st edition in a bulk sale. At the time I did not know what it was; however, I am familiar with Battletech. I have read through it and it looks pretty cool; however, I have not been able to find any modules for this game. I have been able to find expanded equipment Technical Readout books (just as Battletech), but I want run a small campaign with a small squad.

Currently away from my book, but I do not remember reading anything about building a campaign. Due to the latter, what or how should I go about making a small campaign or my own module? What do I need to take in account to pair the module with players?

Thank you
JJ

ccs

41st lv DM
I don't recall there being any modules for MW. At least not for 1e.
Maybe something for a later edition, but I've no XP with them.

Anyways, campaign/adventure building doesn't really change across genres.

jaz0nj4ckal

First Post
I don't recall there being any modules for MW. At least not for 1e.
Maybe something for a later edition, but I've no XP with them.

Anyways, campaign/adventure building doesn't really change across genres.
Thanks so much CCS... I will try my hand at it. Little lost as to where to start since it is CP driven, but should be able to get something together.

ccs

41st lv DM
Mechwarrior is Battletech and vice versa and you can find some on rpgnow.com just type in Mechwarrior or Battletech for them...

http://www.rpgnow.com/browse.php?keywords=mechwarrior&x=0&y=0&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto=

http://www.rpgnow.com/browse.php?keywords=battletech&x=0&y=0&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto=

To a point. Battletech is the miniatures game. Your pilots stats are simply gunnery & piloting with a blank space for a name. Stat improvement is dirt simple: kill x # of mechs.

Mechwarrior is the RPG version. Sure, it meshes with the basic miniatures game (as it should!). But it's alot more fiddly with full character stats, skills, advantages/disadvantages, personal gear that would never be used when pushing mechs about, & a full xp system.
And there's at least 3 distinctly different editions of the RPG (and more for the minis game). So if you do manage to find an actual MW rpg adventure? Make sure you know what edition it's for as you might find something that looks familiar & has the logos - but is mechanical gobbledygook.

Bayushi Seikuro

First Post
Forgot to ask - is there any other rules like MechWarrior for miniatures that are simple and to the point?

I was looking/thinking of using Mechwarrior: Dark Ages minis. It was a minis game that essentially all the mechanics are printed on the figure itself like Mage Knight. I think it was set after the Clan re-invasion with generally different factions.

Some of the figs were infantry squads, vehicles, or Mechs. and some of the mechs are NOT standard. Meaning, there were some I loved that had a giant chainsaw for an arm, because they weren't designed for combat but were rigged up to be combat mechs (Forestry mechs ftw).

AnimeSniper

Explorer
I know for one campaign involving Mecha the DM rigged up a few cardstock boxes of varying sizes and height to represent buildings and for our mech's and the NPC's we used game pieces from a few board games till they received their order of miniatures next game session

Last edited:

I also don't believe any MW modules were ever released for 1st edition. I think I saw some years later (I bought MW and BT 1st editions new when I was a teenager) modules for MW, but not sure. Most all of the stuff that came out were the technical readouts and the clan invasion info.

But, all that said, I remember Sarna net and think that's probably the best source to find out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads