• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Medical Update] Im Here, Im Queer ... Aw Forget It, Im Tired To Finish It!

Re: Out of place

KARNOK said:
Blah blah blah a bunch of insensitve ass-talking from someone who obviously knows nothing of these boards and would never have said this on a Hivemind thread blah blah.

Hey Ryan, don't you wish you had the regenerative powers of a TROLL?

Zogg

First Post
In Karnak's defense, I have to say the thread count focusing on angelboi's status appears to be increasing daily. Furthermore, his posts can be a bit on the explicit side. Sure, AIDS can really wrack a person's health and angelboi also has my sympathy, but I have to agree that the posts are getting a bit out of hand...especially when it comes to respecting why people come here in the first place. The guy has an online diary - if we want to read about the explicit circumstances of his condition and offer support, we can visit the link. Not everyone here at enworld needs to be reminded every. few. hours. of his pimples, vomit, boyfriend relationship status, etc.

Respect should a two way street.

KARNOK

First Post
I get the feeling that I am saying what a lot of people are feeling, Zogg spoke up. I'm not gunning after Angelsboy, he's sick, that sucks. My mother died not too long ago, that sucks. But I didn't come into the D&D forum spreading my pain around in rich detail. I've seen posts in here before that were a bit off line and seen people take fire for talking about "unacceptible subjects" and the street isn't looking very 2 way right now.

KDLadage

Explorer
Re: Out of place

Could some one please tell me what this has to do with D20 games?
Nothing.
Detailing sexual preference, actions, and personal medical status dosn't belong here.
When it is the personal medical status a dear and beloved member of this community, yes it does. When the modest sexual banter is a light-hearted attempt to help a dear and beloved member of this community cope with said medical status, yes it does.

I'm a passive reader here at Enworld, but this really brought me out of my shell.
Then I suggest you get back in, let you become more offended.

No offense.

Seriously man, keep that stuff in e-mails, people come here to leave reality behind not get brought down by it.
You are a passive reader and have the audacity to feel that you can speak for the whole? People, my friend, come here for a lot of reasons -- part of which has to do with the community that was built by Eric Noah, and maintained by Morrus. We are participating in that community.

And nobody forced you to join in on the conversation. Feel free to find an on topic thread to participate in, and leave us to the bed-side comforting of a dear and beloved member of this community .

Thank you.

KDLadage said:

Oh yea? Get married.

Done.

Ouch! Low blow! 50 points to KD! :)

As for the people against these posts...well, they're Off Topic, yeah? So? We have other Off Topic posts. Don't like it? Don't read it. As others have said, this is important because we are a community here. I never really knew Angelboi, but I do remember his posts from before a lot of this.

And out of simple curiousity. Angelboi, what hospital(if any, not sure) have you gone to? I know there are some really great ones in the Atlanta area. Just stay strong, man. :cool:

KDLadage

Explorer
Zogg said:
In Karnak's defense, I have to say the thread count focusing on angelboi's status appears to be increasing daily.

I count two threads on the front page dealing with this... did I miss something?

Kaiyosama

First Post
First, seeing as this topic is off thread topic (and considering the thread topic, not in great taste), why don't we move the argument somewhere else?

Second, we have many off topic posts. Personally, I would rather see off topic posts that help support one member of the community that could really use some right now than a thread talking about the new football season.

Finally, if you don't like a thread, either ignore it or report it to a mod, or (if you really don't understand discression, start a new thread about it in Meta). But please don't turn it into a battlezone.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Public service announcement

Hey guys,

If you aren't interested in some of the threads here in EN World, just don't read them. :)
And if something still bugs you, report it to the moderators instead of derailing the thread in question.

Ryan has been a member of this community for several years now and his state of health is certainly of concern to many of us. (For proof of that, just look at the number of people saying as much in the corresponding threads.)

- Darkness

gfunk

First Post
Angelsboi,

I've only known you from your posts, but 1,000 ENWorlders can't be wrong!:D

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Best,

G

Remove ads