• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Meepo, Keeper of Dragons

LoPaC

First Post
I'm looking for DM stats for Meepo at 1st level. We assumed it would be in the Sunless Citadel mod, but 3 of us looking thru it could not find it. Looked on the Wizards site, still couldn't find it. Are we blind, or do they not exist anywhere?

painandgreed

First Post
I always got the impression that Meepo is a normal or possibly even subpar version of a kobold straight from the MM. The diference is that he is a named NPC with a backstory.

Christian

Explorer
Yep, when I ran that module for my kids, I just used generic kobold stats for the Meepster. In retrospect, I would probably switch out the skill points in Profession(Miner) for Handle Animal. (There must be some reason why he, rather than another kobold, is the dragon wrangler, right? Not that Handle Animal ranks would actually help with that, but Diplomacy doesn't seem to fit, and kobold clans don't typically have dragons. Your general animal handler would probably be pressed into service for that job ...)

Silveras

First Post
Yes, in the Sunless Citadel, Meepo is just an ordinary MM Kobold.

However, there is a "Meepo, Dragon Lord" mini coming in the War of the Dragon Queen set in July. That should have a card with stats for Meepo as a (N)PC.

FYI : In Races of the Dragon is a feat, Dragon Trainer, that allows a creature to use Handle Animal on Dragons to train them. Seems like an excellent fit for Meepo in Sunless Citidel, with Christian's modifications.

domino

First Post
Christian said:
(There must be some reason why he, rather than another kobold, is the dragon wrangler, right?...)
Because he was the omega kobold. He got all the crap jobs nobody else wanted. Before they had a dragon, he'd clean out the latrines.

Last edited:

Corsair

First Post
domino said:
Because he was the omega kobold. He got all the crap jobs nobody else wanted. Before they had a dragon, he'd clean out the latrines.

Sounds like a Dragonstar Supervillain.

"I... AM... OMEGA KOBOLD!"

Remove ads