• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MeepoTheMighty, Read This!

pawned79

First Post
This post goes out to MeepoTheMighty...

I'm a new poster on here, but one of my friends, Arravis, has been posting here for a year now. I'm an intermediate player and a new DM. I'm running a module called The Sunless Citadel. In it, my players have just encountered the Kobold clan and have successfully befriended them. As you probably know, they have encountered Meepo, Keeper of Dragons. Everyone loves him! They entered the dragon chamber finding Meepo in the midst of a nightmare while he was sleeping next to the wyrmling’s empty cage. They comforted the frightened and sorrowful Meepo, and overjoyed at their kindness and understanding, he took his new friends to the Kobold leader. There, they took up the task of retrieving their dragon wyrmling for them. Meepo was declared the Kobold representative and has joined the party. In hopes of success, the leader gave gifts to the party. I openly rolled minor magic items for the party. The two PCs got three items that consisted of some scrolls and potions. I rolled a random item for the NPC Meepo. Meepo got a magical full plate! It is Slick Full Plate + 1, a greasy, oily armor. It was so hilarious! The party was talking with the leader as Meepo comes clanking down the hallway. He stumbles to a stop, and with both hands lifts the heavy beaver up and smiles, wide-eyed, and overjoyed. It was the best! Everyone thought he was just the coolest Kobold character ever! He’s like a little tank without a cannon. His AC is 22 and he’s got 2 HP. He’s got his half spear –1, and Arravis’ character charged his with the important task of holding the lantern. It was tons o fun. I can only guess that Meepo The Mighty comes from similar events? What is your story?

Patrick

Hardhead

Explorer
My party feel in love with Meepo too, and so he's joined the party. They've since run through Temple of Elemental Evil, and he's still with them. He's now a 12th level sorcerer. Yeah.

When I was making up a character sheet for him, I figured "Everyone loves Meepo! He's cute! He must have a pretty high charisma. Then, I checked out kobold's prefered class. I was surprised to find it's "sorcerer." Soooo, that's what Meepo is. He's become a very useful member of the party.

dshai527

First Post
My group also found Meepo and kept him as the group mascot. The link in my sig will allow you to read all about it. Lots of fun.

The Grey Dwarf

First Post
I had to protect Meepo from the ranger. I wanted him to work for us in our farm as a free kobold.
The problem came back when we found the halflings (in the following module, I think). It nearly ended in a fight between the ranger and me.
Then we came to the underground river and I fumbled when I tried to jump over it. I was swept away and the others had to dive or reach for boats to get me back.

Then the black dragon attacked. We tried to defend ourselves as much as possible while swimming/drowning, ... So the dragon headed for an easier target: Meepo and the halflings that were still on the riverbank. We couldn't do a thing to save them.

:(

Psychotic Jim

First Post
When I ran the Sunless Citadel, one player was running an elf sorcerer who believed himself to be descended from dragons and that he was destined to become a god. The party, seeing how humorously inept Meepo was, spared him. I always had Meepo speak in 3rd person quite oddly in a high frog-like voice. The elf sorcerer shared the kobold dragon cult's reverence for dragons, so peaceful contact was easy to establish ant the characters made the bargains with the kobolds. I had made this adventure for higher levels (like about 3-5) and the elf wanted to become a Dragon Disciple. So in the library I had him find a Book of Draconic Lore that allowed him to "ascend" and gain levels in Dragon Disciple. Since Meepo was the first of the kobolds to see this, he instantly dropped on his knees in admriation and awe. Meepo became the elf's first convert and personal spokesperson for the rest of the kobolds who also were "converted" because the elf was the first Dragon Disciple they had ever seen.

Meepo later would become the elf's right-hand man and 'high-priest'. If the characters manage to find Meepo (he's been missing for some time) and the elf sorcerer actually does manage to somehow achieve divinity, I might give Meepo a few cleric levels. As of right now the PC has taken the Leadership feat and will take Meepo as his cohort.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
My group slaughtered most of the kobolds. The women and children begged for mercy, so they did stabalize the queen. After they were done, only Meepo and the wueen were left as memebers who could fight, so I'm sure they were slaughtered by the remaining goblins.

BTW, Patrick, you're in Huntsville? I'm just across the river from you.

Remove ads