Mega-Adventure Prologue--The Council and the Fellowship

Dargon

First Post
"I can try to have a little chat with Sage Aliaster but I can’t promise anything. That kind of attitude was a part of the reason I left for Orussus, to begin with." Says Nura. Sadness can be seen clearly on her face by this small mention of her past

orsal

LEW Judge
Sir Nurlan, human bard, knight of Monemvassia

Rystil Arden said:
*As the recess continues, Rayne heads over to the Orussian group.*

"The next part of the Council will be the most important, as all of you have probably surmised," she says quietly, "We will need the support of the gathered nations, but..." she looks just on the verge of being sad but stifles it, "It looks like at least some of them aren't likely to listen to me...Could I ask some of you to try to talk to the delegates during the recess? Especially those from Hendrallia and Rivenblight. It needs to come from someone not obviously affiliated with the Academy, I think, and Rinaldo, after you publically voiced a personal connection to me, I guess it shouldn't be you either, or they might be much less likely to listen...Can anyone else help?"

"I'd be glad to help any way I can. Say, where do you think Rydick Xanthar stands on this? I've heard he's very competent in matters political. If he supports you, he'd probably be a particularly valuable ally. But you must know him fairly well."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I can't say I have a particularly great love of the man--he's just always seem too polished to me, plus he was a Sice graduate. But he is well grounded and will almost certainly side with the Academy on this when we present a united front, though I imagine the other delegates are considering that as well."

Someone

Adventurer
Nodis rubs his hands together as the recess starts. "Well, this is even better than I expected, and I expected something good!"

Robichaud

Explorer
Jinx looks up from his writing. The sailor gives the small clump of people talking politics an almost bashful look.. "I couldn't help but overhear.. if y'don't mind hearin' the opinion of an amateur..?"

If there's only the slightest bit of assent from any of them, the mercenary immediately drops the polite modesty and launches into a long monologue. "Look, um.. ah, pike it, there's just no way to say this politely. That speech was a bleedin' disaster. Visually impressive 'n all, heavy on the theatrics and prophecies of doom and whatnot, but very light on hard proof. Didn't even feature as much as an account on how you learned all this."

"It didn't even convince me, and I'm supposed to be on your side."

"On top o' that, it seems to me like Rivenblight, possibly Hendralia too, ain't even goin' to listen to proof if it's comin' from your mouth, or if they think it's comin' from your mouth by way of someone else. No matter how sweet their words, or how pretty their face. They're especially not goin' to do what you say they should do, just 'cause you said it. So. I think it's time to start playin' political hardball, right off the bat."

There's real zest in Jinx' voice as he speaks, and he accompanies it with spirited gestures. He's obviously just an amateur in the political arena, but certainly one of the more enthusiastic ones. "Think about what it is you want - because right now, that ain't all clear to me either - and ways of gettin' these folk to do it. F'r example, d'you want an army? Then it'd be stupid to ask the obstinate folk outright. Instead, you just inform 'em that you only need to convince one o'the nations to increase its strikin' power. The other ones'd have to follow suit in any case, 'cause they can't afford to slip down 'n the balance of power.. and given the bloody huge expense of armin' up, the cost of openin' some fast lines of communication between the nations just 'n case there's any truth to that lich-wyrm talk 'll be small money, no? And then you're almost there."

"Course, I may have seen it all wrong," he concludes, shrugging modestly and grinning a sort of self-deprecating grin. "But I still figure it's the way to go."

Last edited:

Dargon

First Post
Nura gets up from her chair "True there is the lack of evidence, and if that is what it keeping sage Aliaster from talking this serius I am afraid that I can’t sway much, but if it is indifference pride, poletics or pride I might be able to do something." Then she heads toward the Rivenblight delegation.

As she approach the two rivenblighters she nods to the second and then continues too Aliaster. (in elvern and the Rivenblight accent of it) "Greeting Sage Aliaster of house Thiliaerin you can call me Nura. You did not seemed concerned by the news. I can’t help to wonder if you know something the rest of us don’t, or is it just a political move to improve the importance of your opinion on how to solve this."

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo looks at Nura going toward the Sage. "Nurlan, I would like you to speak with the Baron. For my part, I'll go speak with Frump. That one is not yet convinced, and we need to do so. We might have troubled pass, but at the same time, he knows what is our interest, and we know his. I might be able to speka with him. And if you have time, go see the Sage too."

On that, Rinaldo head toward Frump. "Good day, Sir Frump. It's been a time we haven't met. Would you allow me to speak with you a moment."

Velmont

First Post
Opale Looks at Nura who is heaidng toward the Sage. She quickly cast a Disguise Self so her clothing seems more appropriate for teh situation and catch up with Nura. "Two heads better then one when you need to speak to such hard head. And he doesn't seems to like elves, so don't push him too much if you want my advice." she whispers to the elven wizard. She let the leven wizard do teh first step and stay a bit behind to listen.

Dargon

First Post
as they walk towards the Rivenblighters.
"Two heads better then one when you need to speak to such hard head. And he doesn't seems to like elves, so don't push him too much if you want my advice."

Nura chuckle "Are you suggesting that he hate himself, she Whispers and continue
"no I think it is the mixing of races or in worst case everyone not elvern he dislike"

OoC: was that a misunderstanding from one of us or is opal actually interpreting the elf that way?

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
"Frump doesn't need to be talked to. He is too opportunistic to listen to anyone, especially us, and if you, or worse I, talk to him, he may just panic. We made it clear what we think of him, Rinaldo. He'll simply do what is in his best interests, and currently, joinging the majority is in his best interests. I fully expect him to turn on us later, but currently, he is best left alone." Ashnar says in an attempt to dissuade Rinaldo from going to Frump.

Remove ads