• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Melee version of Practised Spellcaster feat

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Well, if you were to make such a feat, first off there's the issue that it should NOT actually increase BAB, only "effective BAB," both to match PS and for balance reasons. The other poitn I forgot is yes, every level you gain BAB, or a fraction of it. Even as a wizard, in 4 levels you gain +2, while as a wizard that goes 4 levels into fighter would gain no CL at all from the 4 levels. So such a feat would be an effective +2 to BAB, to counteract taking 4 levels in even the least melee-focused of classes.

It would apply to meeting pre-reqs, not sure if anything else. I think allowing it to hasten when you get the next iterative attack is too powerful, and would compare it to how PS doesn't hasten when you gain access ot new spell levels. I still think such a feat is a terrible idea, but that'd be how I'd do it. +2 effective BAB, up to your HD.

dontpunkme

First Post
Bad, bad, bad idea. It's easy enough for a PC to hit with a ranged touch spell as it is. The last thing they need is to make those easier. Especially since so many orbs (SC) ignore spell resistance. Stupid rassum frassum annoying wizards/sorcerers. I follow a rule, I don't invent spells/feats/abilities to beef up arcane types anymore. They're beefy enough as is.

Simple DM's solution:
Rd 1: Implosion
Rd 2: Destruction
Rd 3: Wrack
Rd 4: Have bodyguard who just so happens to have death blow feat approach PC and coup de grace.

Remove ads