• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [Merged] D&D Next/5E Release Schedule Threads

el_stiko

Explorer
...if the Compendium includes monsters and optional rules that won't be appearing in book form for one to three months. That wouldn't be a bad strategy for them either.

...Then they'll also gain heaps of (unsolicited) statblock and rules feedback. Probably too late to prevent errata, but we can dream!

bachhus

First Post
Can't say I'm a fan of simply naming it "Dungeons and Dragons." I can see a lot of confusion for novices getting into the game.

"Next" "Unity Edition" "5th Edition" "Heritage" "Legacy" "Revenge of the Flumph" or just about anything else would've been preferable to me.

Art looks great though.

I don't think so. As soon as new people to the game become knowledgeable enough about the different editions they'll figure out that the newest one (the one they were first introduced to) is known as 5th edition. Prior to that point, what will be confusing them?

CM

Adventurer
I don't think so. As soon as new people to the game become knowledgeable enough about the different editions they'll figure out that the newest one (the one they were first introduced to) is known as 5th edition. Prior to that point, what will be confusing them?

But until that point you're going to have to call it "The D&D that was released in 2014" as opposed to 4th edition or 3rd edition.

CM

Adventurer
Why wouldn't they just call it D&D?

Somebody new wants to get into the game. You tell them to buy the D&D Player's handbook. They ask which one--there's a bunch of different ones for sale online. You tell them "The one that doesn't say 3rd edition or 4th edition etc. It was released in 2014." Now double the confusion if it's a parent buying for a child.

Now if it was just called 5th edition, you could just say 5th edition.

samursus

Explorer
Wheeee! Just pre-ordered the Trinity from Amazon.ca!! Only $113 Can. (inc tax).

Unfortunately I had to order the Starter Set from Amazon.com because, for some reason and I noticed this with 4e, Amazon.ca doesn't seem to ever sell the boxed sets (including the great Tile sets).

Fortunately, I had about $10 on my .com account that they gave me for some reason I can't remember.

All in all, a good day!

Remove ads