• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Merging settings. Can it work?

Ostler

First Post
So, I'm restarting my high level game soon. (I keep saying that...)

I starting trying to figure out who the BBEG was going to be and what he/she was doing that would affect the characters. I recently began reading the Sovereign Stone novels and I really like the BBEG in them. I have some story arcs that already started in the campaign that I can tie into him and then add some others and create a good over-arching story line.

The problem is the differences in setting. I use a homebrew campaign world that is mostly based on generic D&D D20. The Sovereign Stone setting has different magic rules, different ideas on alignment, etc. I have been thinking about sending them to the setting and just sort of blending the rules together. This might help keep the players on their toes because they would be seeing things they never encountered before and would help keep them from the "I'm 20th level, I'm practically a god." mentality. The problem is I'm not sure how to best blend the 2 settings.

Has anyone else run a campaign where the setting changed but the characters did not change to fit the setting? How difficult was it to keep track of? Would you do it again?

Thanks for reading,

Krieg

First Post
Are you referring to Dragnarus?

If so, what is stopping you from having him just open a gate into your home brew world & begin a Taan invasion?
It really shouldn't be too much work to use the standard magic rules for them (with an apropriate spell list reflecting void magic) and the rest should port over easily.

Remove ads