Meridian Adventures: The Dragonwick Campaign

DreamingGod

First Post
Thanks a lot. I love the map style, and the campaign world. It's great inspiration for my campaign. I like the blurbs for each kingdom/empire, it's a great way to summarize each culture.

As for the map, do you have any idea how much space your map shows? How much is each hex? ect.

Rhineglade

Adventurer
MYTHOLOGY AND METAPHYSICS

The Great Planar Orrery
Planar template.png

DreamingGod

First Post
That's really cool.

For my own cosmology, I've been thinking of merging the Ethereal Realm and Astral into a transitive Spiritworld plane that connects to everything, and making a journey through the spiritworld the main way to plane hop. Making Planehopping an adventure in and of itself.

Rhineglade

Adventurer
I like it. I've often thought about something like that too. Especially after watching the original "Avatar: The Last Airbender" series which incorporates a "spirit world" and other Eastern beliefs into its storyline.

Rhineglade

Adventurer
Dreamrealm
The Dreamrealm is the Outer Plane of Neutral Good. It is endowed by Galdor, the god of courage, strength and combat. Mortals of Neutral Good alignment, as well as some Chaotic Good and Lawful Good, journey to this plane in the afterlife. Similar to a dream, the Dreamrealm is said to vary in experience based on an individual’s memories and past deeds. It is a plane of vivid colors, images and sensations. For the most part, the inhabitants of the plane are free to live out their most treasured desires hampered by neither overly rigid structure nor complete anarchy.

Green Haven
The Green Haven is the Outer Plane of Chaotic Good and Neutral Good. It is endowed by Meru, the goddess of nature. Mortals of Chaotic Good and Neutral Good alignment journey to this plane in the afterlife. The plane is also home to the vast number of elven, gnome and Halfling spirits who revere the Seedmother as their patron goddess. As its name implies, the Green Haven is a verdant plane of great natural beauty and variety. Primordial forests, natural springs, rolling hillsides and seemingly endless grasslands are the most typical components.

Spectral Vale
The Spectral Vale is the Outer Plane of Chaotic Good. It is endowed by Ainu, the god of the air. Mortals of primarily Chaotic Good alignment, but also some Chaotic Neutral and Neutral Good, may journey to this plane in the afterlife. Tranquility, joy and freedom are the hallmarks of the Spectral Vale which are often expressed in the form of bucolic revelries.

Stormwild
The Stormwild is the Outer Plane of Chaos between Good and Neutral. It is endowed by Uino, the god of water. Adventure and excitement are mainstays within the plane as the place is known for its wild and unpredictable weather. Vast oceans seemingly stretch on to infinity with possibly an infinite number of islands scattered in all direction. Mortals of Chaotic good as well as Chaotic Neutral are found here once they enter the afterlife. Some islands are so vast that spirits dwelling in the heartland may not even realize they are on an island. Planar vessels carry the inhabitants from island to island while dealing with threats similar to those encountered on the Prime Material Plane and the World of Dragonwick.

Savagelands
The Savagelands are the Outer Plane of Chaotic Neutrals. It is endowed by Jocasta, the goddess of fire and adventure. Endless tropical jungles and harsh landscapes are by far the dominate feature. The plane itself reflects the sometimes fickle aspect of the natural world- only the strong survive and might makes right. Mortals of Chaotic Neutral alignment as well as the occasional Chaotic evil and Chaotic good may find themselves here in the afterlife. It is common for like-minded spirits to dwell in defensive communities to increase their odds against the many spirit creatures that prowl this plane.

Pandoria
Pandoria is the Outer Plane of Chaos between Evil and Neutral. It is endowed by Mulghur, the god of plague. It is said that mortals, regardless of their alignment, who die from disease or sickness wind up in Pandoria. Clerics of Solovar strongly refute this notion but it is a common held belief nonetheless. Pandoria is a harsh and stark environment. Much of the flora is blighted and withered

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
So what do you do with the Feywilds in your cosmology?

While I certainly can not speak for Rhineglade, the Land of Faerie, Plane of Light, Shining Isles, or if you prefer "the Feywild", is considered (along with the Elemental planes, the Material Planes, and Plane of Shadow/4e's "Shadowfell") one of the "Inner Planes" and so would be contained within the dark disc labelled "Inner Planes" in the above diagram. This "Orrery" [very cool, btw] is mapping out the "Outer Planes."

Remove ads