• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

met a gamer at the barber!

Shroomy

Adventurer
The guy who cut my hair today had a copy of Castle Zagyg laying on a nearby table. I asked if he was a D&D player and he said he was more into Castles & Crusades. He knew some things about D20 and 4E (wasn't really enthusiastic about it) but he'd never heard of EN World and I didn't bother to enlighten him as it was going to take a long time to explain and, well, I had places to be.

Ironically, the book I brought with me (in case I had to wait) was one of Pazio's Planet Stories books -- he knew of Paizo!

Anyone else accidentally meet a random gamer in a non-gaming situation?

Which barbershop? I get my hair cut at the Cost Cutters on Regent St. out of habit and I doubt any of the girls who work their are into RPGs.

Foundry of Decay

First Post
I've only met a couple gamers in non-gamer settings. One was waaaay back in the old 2e days, when a FLGS called 'Adventurer Supply' was still around. They gave out these coupons for $1 off per every $10 spent (Man do I miss that store). I had dropped one coupon and a passenger on the bus noted to me that I lost my 'adventure buck'. We chatted briefly about what we played.

The second time was when I was attending Multimedia Design courses, and struck up a conversation with a guy who played a couple different systems after he'd noticed I had a dragon magazine with me. Good times :)

icarusfallz

First Post
I used to sell cars for a living (before the bottom dropped out of the economy), and I often kept D&D books on the shelf in my office. Especially D&D for Dummies. You'd be surprised how many people commented on my D&D books, and how many ended up buying cars from me, because I was one of them. Honor among gamers and all. NOTE: I didn't really have them there as a sales tool, but used them as reading material for slow periods.

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
I picked up some rough trade the other day, and after our throws of passion, we started talking; and it turns out he plays D&D too, but mainly 1st and 2nd Ed, which is fine as I enjoy (and have played) every edition of this wacky game.

So, you never know who you might meet who also shares this hobby, and looks can be deceiving.

Theron

Explorer
The strangest had to be learning that my urologist was a gamer while having a vasectomy performed.

Of all the things I'd never expected to hear while that was going on, "Have you ever heard of Champions?" takes the cake.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads