• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Meta]Drop Down Menus on News Site

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Works fine on IE 6 on W2K here at home. The entire site has font size/color problems at work where I have to use Netscape 4.73 but I don't expect that to be fixed so I don't bother with anything but the forums at work. As for the IE6 the only thing I want to bring up is the choices of Font. I am using all default instalation settings and I find that the old style font you chose looks blurry (Know its not really but when I glance at it that is the effect I get). Additionally in the Dropdowns the font looks fine except when you highlight when it uses a black outlined by white on top of grey. This font also becomes hard to read as the white seems to interfer with legibility. Good job overall on the overall scripts though.

Steve Jung

Explorer
It works well for me in Safari 1.0, Mac OSX 10.2.8 as well. The menus look good, Michael. Some of the text extends past the right edge of the drop-down menus, though.

Nifelhein

First Post
They just take space from the banners on the main page new on the karate theme, also, morrus, the messageboards link that sean k reyonolds told you about is back, linking to the older forums.

I love that bar, are we gonna have it on the forums too?

Ryan Koppenhaver

First Post
I'm seeing some issues with text being too wide, but I'm using an obsolete version of Mozilla Firebird, so if it looks all right on the more recent builds, it's probably not a problem.

(Screenshot attached.)

(edited for typo.)

Attachments

• en.png
    en.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Michael Morris

First Post
Ok, learned some things...

First, the banner must be put in at the code level - why? VBulletin puts any data inputted as an admin into a table and LAYER TAGS CAN'T BE PUT IN TABLES!! :)

That dent in the wall is getting pretty big... Still looking.

It took 2 months to figure out PostNuke initially, it looks like it will be awhile on Vbulletin.

Michael Morris

First Post
Ryan Koppenhaver said:
I'm seeing some issues with text being too wide, but I'm using an obsolete version of Mozilla Firebird, so if it looks all right on the more recent builds, it's probably not a problem.

(Screenshot attached.)

(edited for typo.)

Older browsers don't allow variant box widths, so the program defaults to 100 pixels :)

Remove ads