• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metal School

I hope this one works out for the Cult - the last couple of venture they've had haven't done so well.

As for Black Sabbath, this was in the works for a couple of years now and was supposed to have happened after the "Heaven and Hell" tour ended. Obviously with the death of RJD, this sped things up a bit. Both Bill Ward and Sharon Osbourne have stated on a number of occasions it would happen, just never any details.

The REAL question is, was the music being written for RJD and then co-opted after his death or are all of these brand new Ozzy inspired songs? The three musicians have always stated that the song writing process was different between the two camps. This just seems like a like a really quick album to drop without any lead time. Of course, sometimes when you get together, it just happens. We'll see.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
loydj
Steel Panther is a glam metal band from Los Angeles, California mostly known for their profane and humorous lyrics as well as their exaggerated on-stage personas.

While your info on Steel Panther is true, you have been found spamming, and thus, soon to be suspended.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Nü from Korn, "Narcissitic Cannibal":

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPlnyN9zduM&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Korn - Narcissistic Cannibal [Ft. Skrillex & Kill The Noise] OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO - YouTube[/ame]

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
FYI, metalheads:

GIRAFFE TONGUE ORCHESTRA, the supergroup featuring guitarist Ben Weinman (THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN), guitarist/vocalist Brent Hinds (MASTODON, WEST END MOTEL, FIEND WITHOUT A FACE) and bassist Eric Avery (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION), has recruited Jon Theodore (ONE DAY AS A LION, ex-THE MARS VOLTA) as its drummer.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi diagnosed with cancer.

http://news.yahoo.com/black-sabbaths-tony-iommi-diagnosed-cancer-175621572.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi has cancer.

The band released a statement Monday saying the 63-year-old has been diagnosed with lymphoma and is working with doctors on treatment.

The news comes two months after the pioneering heavy metal quartet's original lineup announced it was working on its first album in 33 years with producer Rick Rubin in Los Angeles. The album remains set for a fall release and the rest of the group — vocalist Ozzy Osbourne, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Bill Ward — will go to England to continue working with Iommi.

There was no word about Sabbath's plans for its live dates.

His bandmates asked fans "to send positive vibes" to Iommi.

Positive vibes, Tony...positive vibes.

This is so weird - it's like a note from a disease...

Dear Black Sabbath,
I don't want you to reunite under any banner.
Signed Cancer....

Weird, just weird. :eek:

'Tis a sad time in Metal/Hard Rock my friends. Van Halen FINALLY puts out their long awaited "new" music and what do we get?

Tattoo is a song that serves up incomprehensible DLR gibberish lyrics, a lackluster, no rhythm song and EVH recycling not one but two guitar solos from previous albums to create a Franken solo. This is a travesty beyond all hope of salvation. I would rather have seen them go out on top than scrapping the bottom.

And to make matters worse, their opening act on the first leg of their tour?

Earth, Wind and Fire.... Seriously, what gives guys?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it...

Those who mourned DLR's exit* now have to deal with the reality of his return.

* I like DLR, but I liked Sammy too. And I thought DLR's solo stuff with Vai & Sheehan was good. To bad he couldn't put together a stable group of his own.

Remove ads